Finding the perfect lunch boxes for my kids is always central to any back to school shopping.
Finding cool lunch boxes for kids is difficult. Keeping everything organized and at the right temperature is hard, too! We have a tip for a sponge ice pack that is sure to help, no matter which lunchbox you choose!
You can make each and every lunch special. By including our free lunch notes for kids, you can give them a pick-me-up no matter how far you may be.
Normally, we will go to three or four stores to find everyone the right lunch box. This year, we are doing all of our back to school shopping with Amazon.
I have included affiliated links to the products in our list, to save you some trouble. All of the opinions here are my own.
If you would like to see the entire list of our favorite lunch boxes (and backpacks!) without having to scroll, click HERE!
Best Insulated Lunch Box
- Premium fabric makes this lunch box very durable, sturdy and easy to clean. It is insulated. This helps retain hot and cold temperatures throughout the day which makes food taste better.
- It’s size is perfect on it’s own or paired with the Bentgo Kids Bento Box, above!
- MOM’S CHOICE AWARDEE – Wildkin is a recipient of the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award. Around the world, parents, educators, & retailers trust the MCA Excellence seal when selecting quality products/services for families and children.
Click HERE to see even more designs available!
Best Neoprene Lunch Bag
- Offers a large capacity but can be folded when not in use.
- Heavy duty zipper will withstand lots of use.
A Bento Box Kids Love
- The five leak-proof compartments are portioned perfectly for a child’s appetite.
- Drop-proof, rubber-coated edges and a sturdy design make it perfect for active kids. Every Bentgo Lunchbox comes with a 2 Year Warranty.
- PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE – Bentgo continues to be a proud supporter of Feed the Children, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that gives hope and resources for hungry children and families. Since 2017, Bentgo has donated more than $200,000 to help put an end to hunger.
Click HERE to check out all the available patterns!
This kids’ bento box also comes in a larger size! These lunchboxes are still leak-proof. However, it does not have the thick rubber edge and is not quite as sturdy as the one listed above. That being said, it does still come with a 2 Year Warranty. So – even if someone drops it and breaks it – you’re good!
More Bento Box Lunchboxes
- Value pack even includes a fork and spook with each set!
- Adorable silicone overlay on lid delivers easy-grip design.
- Thermos insert that lets you easily pack hot food. Having more variety and helps to build healthier eating habits.
- Comes apart for easy cleaning. The rubber seals are all removable and replaceable if they ever wear down.
OmieBox also offers reusable utensil pods! These nifty little things can be added to any lunchbox and the silicone cover keeps them clean until lunch. The utensils have finger guides to promote proper use!
Stainless Steel Lunch Box
Stainless Steel is a great option for lunchboxes. It does not allow chemicals to leak as some plastics do.
The only downside I’ll note about Stainless Steel Lunch Boxes is that they are not good for liquid foods because the compartments are not water-tight. There is especially some leak between the sections. They are typically recommended for dry foods only.
Stainless steel lunchboxes are also not insulated, so I will usually put them inside of a traditional insulated lunch box. There are some stainless steel lunchboxes available on Amazon, but they largely use electricity or even boiling water, so I do not recommend them.
- 18/8 Steel on all food-contacting surfaces
- Easy-to-open lids
This one slightly mends the problem above by providing a separate container for liquids!
- Large capacity perfect for BIG APPETITES.
- Durable, Safe and Dishwasher-safe. All stainless ensures longevity of your bento boxes.
This is the best option I’ve found if you want stainless steel AND leak-proof
- Food-safe, 100% leak-proof silicone lids replace the traditional plastic lids.
- Nest inside one another when not in use to save space!
Thermos for Kids
When it comes to keeping food hot or cold, there is nothing more trusted than a Thermos. Personally, I find the standard/name-brand design to be a little bit difficult for kids to use. Instead, I prefer these sets!
- The no-slip base helps to prevent drops and spills.
- Two sizes to perfectly fit any meal.
- Leak-Proof design is easy to open for kids with the air-release button.
- There is a Lifetime Warranty on these!
The Best Toddler Lunch Box
- Its compartments are completely leak proof! That mean no worries about food touching. (My toddler HATES when their food touches, and this has saved us tons of trouble.)
- Stainless steel utensils so there is no worry about being wasteful or someone else’s germs!
The only complaint I have is that it is a little small, so my kids have outgrown it fairly quickly.
Cute Lunch Boxes
These are lunch boxes with your kids favorite characters! Character lunchboxes are an adorable way for your child to express themselves! If they are shy, it can be a great conversation starter with other kids that share their interests.
More to Make Back-to-School a Breeze!
- Get ready with some exciting back to school crafts!
- The week is just a little easier to prepare for with these face masks for kids, from Crayola.
- Lunchtime can be made simple with planning your back to school lunches ahead!
- I know I’m always looking for more lunch ideas for school.
- Every mom needs these back to school tips.
- Check out these seriously funny school jokes.