5 Easy After School Snack Recipes for Kids
After school snacks are a fun way to reconnect kids with home…and you! It gives you a good excuse to sit down with them and chat through the school day. These are 5 of our favorite Easy After School Snack Recipes and work as the perfect pick-me-up to beat the afternoon slump.
Easy After School Snack Recipes
Some of my best conversations with my kids were after school. It might start on the way home from carline or once we sit down around the kitchen table…ok, full disclosure, it is more of a kitchen island.
Some of these after school snacks are portable and can be eaten in the car, but optimally, getting kids to sit down and chat while resting after a long school day is the best place for connection.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Snack Chips Recipe
It’s a family favorite and can be made with all sorts of different bagels – both sweet and savory. It is also highly portable so if you are headed after school for sports or tutoring, this is a great snack for kids to take along.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Snack Chips Recipe
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Snack Chips Recipe
- Slice the bagel into thin slices.
- Brush melted butter on top.
- Sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once completely cooled, you can store your cinnamon sugar bagel chips in an airtight container.
I like to make several snack bags available for easy grabbing!
2. Apple Quesadilla Snacks Recipe
This is one of our favorite afternoon snacks or even easy lunches. It is a simple cheese quesadilla with apple slices. Easy to make quickly and has a crunchy, sweet and savory flavor.
Ingredients Needed to Make Apple Quesadilla Snacks Recipe
How to Make Apple Quesadilla Snacks Recipe
- In a skillet, melt butter and add flour tortilla.
- Add cheese to tortilla.
- Add apple slices to one side, and fold over the tortilla.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Slice into snack size triangles with a pizza wheel.
I even like these cold. So, if you have leftovers, then pop them into an airtight container and store them in the fridge. Snacks are available whenever you want. You can try re-heating if the cold version isn’t your favorite.
3. Peanut Butter Pretzel Wands Snacks Recipe
One of the simplest snacks that feels fancy! Just take some of your favorite pretzels and add some peanut butter, apple butter or your favorite nut butter.
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter Pretzel Wands Snacks Recipe
How to Make Peanut Butter Pretzel Wands Snacks Recipe
- Spread peanut or apple butter on the tip of pretzel rod.
- Dip in chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles.
4. Sweet Snack Cracker Sandwiches Recipe
If your kids are fans of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, this is a really fun twist as a snack using saltine crackers. You can make a little saltine cracker snack station where they can alter the ingredients the way they desire.
Ingredients Needed to Make Sweet Snack Cracker Sandwiches Recipe
How to Make Sweet Saltine Cracker Sandwiches Recipe
- Spread peanut or apple butter on one Saltine cracker.
- Top with slice or strawberry.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Add second Saltine cracker to top to make a sandwich.
5. Nutella Popsicles Snacks Recipe
If you are looking for a cold snack for one hot afternoon, don’t forget to try this Nutella popsicles snacks recipe. It’s super easy and quick to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make Nutella Popsicles Snacks Recipe
How to Make Nutella Popsicles Snacks Recipe
- Put everything in a blender, and mix well.
- Pour into Zoku popsicle machine<–use our link to get an automatic 10% off – to make quick popsicles (ready in just a few minutes) OR prepare them in a reusable Popsicle mold the night before and leave them in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Serve immediately.
More information about zoku popsicle maker and our favorite popsicle molds to be used with our favorite homemade popsicles recipes.
More Snacks Recipes that everyone will love from kids activities blog
- We love these healthy snacks for kids!
- Need some sports themed snacks? Check out these super bowl snacks for kids…and beyond.
- Cookie Monster snacks
- Fun back to school snacks
- Healthy snacks for toddlers
- Need some not-so-scary monster snacks?
- More afternoon snacks <–found here!
What is your favorite after school snack for kids? Which of these fun snacks are you going to try first?