Simple fine motor skills practice games will stop the most active toddler or preschooler and capture their concentration and curiosity. This easy colander and straw fine motor activity is perfect to set up in your kitchen to keep little hands busy with colorful play.
Easy Threading Activity Using Kitchen Items
Toddlers are developing their fine motor skills at super speed, and the cool part is they love any activity that involves fine motor skills practice.
We love this simple activity because it requires no set up and can be created from things that are already in the kitchen.
This article contains affiliate links.
*You can substitute pipe cleaners instead of straws if your colander holes aren’t big enough for the straws or you don’t have straws on hand. If your pipe cleaners are sharp on the end, simply wrap the end with some masking tape.
Kitchen Fine Motor Skills Game for Kids
Set out the straws and the colander and see what happens. My bet is you won’t need to show your child what to do.
You child will take the straws and just shove them into the holes of the colander.
Kids can create modern artwork sculptures with their bendy straws.
More Toddler Fun & Games from Kids Activities Blog
- Give the giggles with these toddler jokes
- More hands on fun with sensory bins for toddlers
- Toddler activities to keep kids busy
- Activities for 3 year olds
- Fall crafts for toddlers & preschoolers
- Handprint crafts perfect for toddler hands
- Toddler snacks have never been easier or yummier
- Thanksgiving crafts for toddlers
How did your child play with the colander and straw fine motor skills game?