Activities for babies are hard to come up with sometimes. We often forget that even the simplest things are exciting for babies which is why activities for 1 year olds is so much fun! Let’s have some fun with baby and see those baby giggles…
Activities for Babies
Looking for some fun activities for your baby to do? Babies love fun too and this is a crucial time for them to learn and explore the world. These activities are fun, exciting, educational, and simple to do.
Your baby will hopefully love them as much as mine did! From sensory bags, fine motor skills practice, board books, more sensory activity…and the list of activities goes on.
This post contains affiliate links.
Fun and Simple Activities for Babies
1. Muffin Tin Game
Make this easy muffin tin game for your baby to explore. Explore colors, small objects in larger objects, and practice gross motor skills. This is perfect for young children.
2. Sensory Painting Activity
In this sensory painting activity, baby uses a spikey ball, dipped in paint, to create beautiful process art. This baby play activity is perfect! Explore colors, different textures, and art! It’s a great way for 8 month olds and older to explore the world.
3. Mystery Sensory Bag
With just a few items found around the house, you can create an exciting mystery sensory bag for your baby to explore. Perfect way to have some simple fun while exploring interesting objects.
4. Skip Hop Baby Toy Guitar
An invitation to rock? Yes please! Introducing baby to music is so very important; and in this post about introducing your little one to guitars you will find some great ways to do just that! One we like is the Skip Hop Baby Toy Guitar. This is my baby’s favorite toy.
5. Carrot Shaving Sensory Salad
We throw out a lot of materials that would make wonderful sensory play activities for baby. This Carrot Shaving Sensory Salad utilized leftover carrot scraps for exploration and play before going into the compost! This is one of my favorite sensory activities.
6. Animal Texture Board
This animal texture board uses multiple animal textures to allow baby to learn about different animals while engaging in an exciting touch and feel experience! This is one of the best baby activities.
7. Crinkle Books
Here’s a crinkle book you can make for your baby right at home! They’ll love the noise and textures. This is great for early childhood development.
8. Planting A Rainbow Sensory Board
Here is another wonderful sensory board with a literary tie-in. This board, based on Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehler, allows babies to explore the texture and color of flowers and leaves. These are good ways to explore sensory and color and work on your baby’s brain development.
9. Play Baby Zoo
Babies love pretend play too! This pretend play baby zoo is a super fun way for your little one to explore animals with some familiar faces. Such fun baby games!
10. Airplane Sensory Bin
Transportation is so much fun to explore with your little one. This airplane sensory bin and print craft are a ton of fun!
11. Exploring Ice
Ice is one of the simplest sensory materials there is. Exploring ice with your baby can be a thrilling and very new experience. This is an easy way for your your year old baby to explore colors and temperatures.
12. Spider Web Art Project
Bugs are fascinating to little ones. This spider web art project and life-size sensory spider web will be sure to excite the budding bug enthusiast!
13. Mess-Free Painting
This simple finger painting idea is mess-free painting always makes for an easy and fun activity for little ones. This activity, using paint in a bag, exercises motor skills and hand-eye coordination! No messy little monsters here!
14. Ocean Sensory Bag for Baby
Make an ocean themed sensory bag for baby! We love these portable sensory toys for kids under the age of 4. Making baby a sensory bag is easy and can be themed the way you want!
15. DIY Snowflake Drop DIY Toy
This snowflake drop is an easy DIY toy to make for your baby. This is one of the easy activities that will help your baby develop new skills. You could use any container you have on hand including wipes container or treasure baskets.
More Fun Activities For Babies From Kids Activities Blog:
- Here are 24 Fabulous Ways to Play with Baby: Development of Play for 1 year old
- Check out these12 Amazing Activities for 1 Year Olds.
- You little one will love these 19 Engaging Activities for One Year Olds.
- These clay toys are the perfect sensory toy for the pool!
- Learn how sensory processing can cause an overactive fight or flight response.
- Wow, check out this edible sensory play idea! Worms and mud! Be warned this is messy play, but will use all of your child’s senses!
- Looking for some sensory play recipes? We got you covered.
- Did you know you can use Cheerios cereal to made edible sand?
- We have 30+ sensory baskets, sensory bottles, and sensory bins for your toddler! Save your water bottles and different materials around your house to make a fun activity for your young kids.
- Check out this container play activity for babies!
- Make a baby tunnel with leaves to help your baby explore the world and get moving around.
- Check out these 31 exciting 2 year old baby activities!
- We also have over 50 ways for babies to play!
What activities does your baby enjoy? Let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.