There’s something about Pop Tarts that all kids just love, their frosted crust with delicious fruit (or brown sugar or chocolate) filling are a delicious treat, that is often good any time of day. This quick and easy recipe with only four ingredients is so easy and will be a fun breakfast or treat you can do with your kids! Your kids will be so excited about these Homemade Pop Tarts!
My kids love to snack, or eat things that are fruity. They also enjoy getting to help in preparing food in the kitchen. Any time they can help is a great way to help create a love of making food for your family, and this one is simple enough my five year old can really help.
With only about fifteen minutes of preparation and ten minutes of baking, this recipe is also quick! (They will probably disappear almost as fast as well!)
My youngest and I decided we wanted to try and make our own version of pop tarts last week, and it worked! We found a simple way to make one of our favorite treats!
What I love about this recipe is that you can easily make any flavor that you want. We love fruit flavors like strawberry, blueberry, and apple but you could also make chocolate, brown sugar or any other flavor that you love! Maybe even make a S’mores homemade pop tart version!
Check out how easy they really are to make!
How to Make Homemade Pop Tarts
Here’s what you need to make Homemade Pop Tarts:
1 box refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1 small jar strawberry preserves
Homemade pop tarts are perfect for breakfast or snack! They’re great to stick in a lunch box too along with these other Awesome School Lunch Ideas!!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 small jar strawberry preserves (or your fruit choice)
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- Sprinkles of your choosing
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paperUnroll the pie crust and square the edges.
- Cut each crust into four or six rectangles.
- Place one teaspoon of preserves in the center of the rectangle for half of the rectangles
- Use the remaining half of the rectangles to place on top of the rectangles with jam on them.
- Crimp the edges of your paired tarts. You can use a fork to do this or a crimping tool. You can find a crimping tool on Amazon or other kitchen supply stores.
- Bake the pop tarts for about 10 minutes or until they are slightly browned.
- After removing the pop tarts from the oven, allow them to cool.
- After cooling, frost the top of your tarts and add sprinkles!