How To Draw a Puppy Easy Printable Lesson for Kids
Woof woof! Grab your pencil and a piece of paper because we’re about to learn how to draw a puppy in nine easy steps! Our puppy drawing lessons includes three printable pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cute puppy. Use our easy puppy drawing lesson at home or in the classroom.
Make A Puppy Drawing Easy For Kids
If you are looking for a simple but FUN step by step how to draw a puppy, this is the right place for you! This easy puppy drawing tutorial is easier to follow with a visual guide, so click the blue button to print our how to draw a simple puppy printable tutorial before getting started:
There are so many adorable dog breeds: Husky, Labrador, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, Bulldog, Beagle, Poodle, Chihuahua, Pug, Rottweiler, Dachshund, Boxer, Border Collie, Jack Russell Terrier… but today we are drawing a simple cartoon puppy that can look like any of these breeds! Do you have a dog or a puppy? Let’s draw it!
How to Draw a Puppy Step by Step – Easy
Follow this easy how to draw a cartoon puppy step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own cute puppy drawings in no time!
Let’s start! First, draw an oval.
Then draw two rounded triangles, for the puppy’s ears.
Draw another triangle inside the first ones.
For the puppy’s body, draw a drop shape – notice how the bottom is flatter.
Add two half-circles at the bottom for the paws.
Add two arched lines in the middle for the legs.
Draw a fluffy tail.
Great! Let’s add details: add ovals for the eyes and nose, and a W line and an arched line coming out of it.
Now you can add as many funny details as you want! Well done!
Your puppy is done! Yay! Now it’s time to color it and maybe draw a puppy family. You get to decide!
Download Your How To Draw A Puppy Tutorial PDF FILE here:
This article contains affiliate links.
Related: More How To Draw Lessons for Kids
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
1. The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
2. Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
3. Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Puppy Crafts & Coloring Pages From Kids Activities Blog
- Look how cute these adorable puppy coloring pages are.
- We have even more puppy coloring pages.
- We even have National puppy day ideas
- Check out these fun dog facts for kids
- I love these dazzling dog coloring zentangles.
How did your puppy drawing turn out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!