Let’s learn all about Germany’s history and some fun facts about the country with our Germany facts coloring pages!
We put the most interesting facts about Germany on two printable coloring pages, ready to be colored with your magic crayons.
Did you know Germany has 16 federal states, each with a government and parliament? And Cologne Cathedral is one of the country’s most popular attractions?
Germany is an amazing country with great food and many beautiful scenes – let’s learn about it!
facts about germany FOR KIDS
- Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a country in Central Europe, although some dispute it’s in Western Europe.
- The country has a total area of 137,847 square miles, and the capital of Germany is Berlin.
- Germany has the largest economy in Europe and the fourth-largest in the world.
- Germany’s history and World War II profoundly impacted the country, and it has spent decades coming to terms with the legacy of the war.
- The official language is German, and around 130 million people worldwide speak the German language as their mother tongue.
- Germany is known for its famous autobahn (German word for automobile road), renowned for stretches with no speed limit.
- Germany is in the top 3 world’s largest car producers, with Volkswagen Group, BMW, and Mercedes Benz being some of the top-selling car brands worldwide.
- The Neuschwanstein castle in Bavaria inspired the Sleeping Beauty castle at Disneyland.
- With a rich history, modern Germany is a pot of culture, with thousands of international students going to learn German and enjoying German culture.
- After the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, East Germany was reunited with West Germany, and the country became a unified state.
- Germany is a land of poets like Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, composers like Ludwig van Beethoven, and scientists like Albert Einstein.
- There are 16 national parks in Germany, which were chosen for their representation of German nature reserves and wildlife.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT GERMANY COLORING SHEETS
Facts about Germany coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable facts about Germany coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Facts about Germany that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE FACTS ABOUT GERMANY PDF FILE
- German people are known for their love of organization and efficiency, often attributed to the basic human instinct for structure.
- German law is known for its strict rules and regulations, especially regarding environmental protection and workers’ rights. Its labor laws guarantee strong employee protections, including generous vacation time and a maximum 48-hour workweek.
- Pretzels, currywurst, doner kebab and schnitzel are part of German food culture.
- Germany is one of the few countries in Europe with zero tuition fees.
- Germany is well-known for its various kinds of sausages, including Bratwurst, Currywurst, Weisswurst, and over 1,200 more.
- Many people agree that Germany’s capital, Berlin, is the best place to learn different forms of art, as it is a highly multicultural city.
- The first magazine in history is the German Erbauliche Monaths Unterredungen, also known as Edifying Monthly Discussions in English, published between 1663 to 1668.
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our fun Japan facts coloring pages.
- Ever wanted to learn what’s it like being in Australia? Check out these Australia facts.
- Get your French side out and learn about the Eiffel tower.
- Y’all can print these fun facts about Texas.
- Is there anything you’d like to learn about Colombia?
- Cuba is an amazing country, let’s learn some Cuba facts today.
- We’ve also got China facts for kids of all ages.
What was your favorite fact about Germany? Write it in the comments!