Let’s learn some facts about the Lone Star State with these fun facts about Texas printouts and coloring pages great for kids of all ages at home or in the classroom.
For example, did you know that Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, Texas? Or that six countries have ruled over Texas? They’re true – and we have more fun Texas facts just like those!
You’re going to love that these facts are not only fun to learn, but also fun to color!
Texas is famous for many things, like having hot weather, being the second largest state in the U.S., amazing BBQ, the Alamo, Six Flags… Can you think of anything else?
Let’s learn some fun facts about Texas for kids. You’ll find these in our printable coloring pages, so be sure to print as many copies as needed!
10 fun facts about Texas
- The name “Texas” comes from the word “taysha” which means “friends” in the Native American language Caddo.
- Texas is the second-most populous state in the U.S. after California.
- Three of the most populous cities in the U.S. are in Texas, and they are Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
- Texas is 790 miles long and 660 miles wide.
- Texas is often referred to as The Lone Star State because it was once an independent country, called The Republic of Texas.
- Texas is larger than any European country.
- In fact, if Texas was its own country, it’d be ranked as the 39th largest country in the world.
- Texas is a stormy state and there are about 139 tornadoes a year.
- Dr Pepper was invented in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Texas was 120° F.
Bonus interesting facts about Texas:
- There are more than 16 million cattle living in the state.
- Texas is the only state to be ruled by 6 different nations: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States.
- Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
- The armadillo is the official state mammal.
- The first word spoken from the Moon was “Houston”, on July 20, 1969.
Free TEXAS Facts Coloring PageS
Download and print the pdf version of the Texas facts and using them as a printout or Texas coloring pages.
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
More fun facts from Kids Activities Blog
- 50 random fun facts that your kid will love learning about!
- Check out these 10 facts about Valentine’s day for a lovely activity.
- 15 fun facts about rainbows for kids +free coloring pages!
- So many fun facts about the Johnny Appleseed Story with printable fact pages plus versions that are coloring pages too.
- Download & print (and even color) our unicorn facts for kids pages that are so fun!
- Want more fun facts? Here are tons of Halloween facts for you.
What was your favorite Texas fact?