¡Hola, amigo! Today we are learning about Mexico with our fun Mexico facts coloring pages. These Mexico facts printables are great for kids of all ages at home or in the classroom.
Our printable coloring pages with facts about Mexico include two coloring sheets in black and white, completely free and ready to be downloaded. Yay!
Free printable facts about Mexico coloring pages
Did you know that Mexico’s official name is the United Mexican States? Or that Mexico has over 60 indigenous languages? Or that there are over 35 UNESCO world heritage sites in the country?
Mexico is a country in Latin America that is full of history, older even than the Aztec empire, archaeological sites like Chichen Itza, and even the world’s smallest volcano. That’s exactly why we created these facts about Mexico coloring sheets.
Let’s see what we will need to color these coloring pages!
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
12 interesting facts about Mexico
- Mexico’s official name is United Mexican States
- Very few countries have as many plants and animal species as Mexico does.
- The northern part of Mexico is a desert, with lots of cactus, scorpions, and rattlesnakes.
- The south of Mexico is a tropical rain forest with many different animals living there.
- There are over 127 million people living in Mexico – it is a very crowded country.
- Many Mexicans have a mix of Native American and Spanish blood.
- Mexico’s capital is Mexico city, which has 17 million inhabitants.
- The Mexican peso is the currency in Mexico.
- Spanish is the most spoken language, but there are other native languages such as Nahuatl, Yucatec Maya, Mixtec, among others.
- Rio Grande is the longest river in Mexico, it begins in Colorado, U.S., and goes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico.
- By total area, Mexico is the 14th largest country in the world.
- The color TV system was invented by a Mexican named Guillermo Gonzalez Camarena, in 1942.
Free Mexico Facts Coloring Pages
Download and print the pdf version of the Mexico facts and use them as a printout or Mexico coloring pages.
More Fun Activities from Kids Activites Blog
- We have so many fun Mexican flag arts and crafts.
- And here are some Cinco de Mayo crafts for kids.
- These Day of the Dead coloring pages are a great addition to these Mexican facts.
- Want more fun facts? Check out these Cinco de Mayo facts.
- Celebrate Day of the Dead with our Dia de los Muertos activities.
- Kids will love coloring these sugar skull coloring pages!
Which was your favorite fact about Mexico?