Do you love anything involving the European country Spain? Do fun facts about Spain intrigue you? Check out these interesting facts about a Guinness world records holding restaurant, historic cities, why countries in South America are native speakers of the Spanish language, and other weird facts about Spanish history.
These Spain facts coloring pages will be great at home or in the classroom.
FREE PRINTABLE Spain facts COLORING PAGES
Spain, with its 493,514 square kilometers, is mostly located on the Iberian Peninsula on the Mediterranean coast, which it shares with Portugal and Andorra. The beautiful beaches on the mainland and on the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands in North Africa make them popular tourist destinations. Spain is the second-largest country in Western Europe by way of population.
Click the green button to download our Spain Facts coloring pages now:
Spain Facts FOR KIDS
- Spain or the Kingdom of Spain (Reino de España) is a country primarily located in the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe, with parts of the territory in the Atlantic Ocean and across the Mediterranean Sea.
- The official languages of Spain are Spanish, Basque, Catalan, and Galician.
- The capital of Spain is Madrid, and it has 3.2 million people. The whole population of Spain is 47.4 million people.
- In Spain, the tooth fairy is actually a tooth mouse called Ratoncito Pérez.
- Famous Spanish people are painters Diego Velázquez, Pablo Picasso, Francisco Goya, and Salvador Dalí.
- Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra wrote Don Quixote, one of the most important books of all time and the world’s first modern novel.
- Spain has 48 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Alhambra, Sagrada Familia, and Park Güell.
- The Spanish Empire conquered Latin America, which is why the Spanish language is spoken officially in 20 countries.
- The world’s oldest restaurant, according to the Guinness Book of Records, is Casa Botin, founded in 1725 in Madrid.
- La Tomatina is a popular festival in Buñol, Spain, where participants throw tomatoes at each other for an hour.
This article contains affiliate links.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT FREE BEE COLORING PAGES PDF FILES HERE
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR BEE COLORING SHEETS
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed Spain facts coloring pages template pdf — see button above to download & print
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our Japan facts coloring pages.
- Have a love of pizza? Here are some fun pizza facts coloring pages!
- These fun Australia facts coloring pages are so much fun!
- These fun dolphin facts coloring pages are the cutest ever.
- Welcome spring with these 10 fun Easter facts coloring pages!
- Do you live on the coast? You’ll want these hurricane facts coloring pages!
- Grab these fun facts about rainbows for kids!
- Don’t miss out on these fun Cuba facts coloring pages!
Did you enjoy these cool facts about Spain?