Are you searching for interesting facts or maybe just plain fun facts about Peru? It’s the 3rd largest country of the South American countries and is home to a beautiful coastal region, rain forests, and the most important peruvian cultures. These Peru facts make for great informative coloring pages to use at home or in the classroom.
FREE PRINTABLE Facts about Peru COLORING PAGES
The interesting peru facts coloring pages tell about the Peruvian Andes that were explored by archaeologist Hiram Bingham and Cerro Blanco near Nazca, Peru, possibly the world’s highest sand dune. Sandboarding and riding dune buggies are popular pastimes for the people of Peru. Click the green button to download our bee coloring pages now:
Facts About Peru FOR KIDS
- Peru is a beautiful country in Latin America. It’s the third largest country in South America after Brazil and Argentina.
- The capital of Peru is Lima, located on the Pacific Coast. It is also the largest city in the country.
- The most famous landmarks in Peru are the lost city of Machu Picchu in the Andres mountains, the Imperial city of Cusco, and the Nazca lines, all part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site list, and natural resources like Lake Titicaca and Cerro Blanc, the world’s highest sand dune after Duna Federico Kirbus in Argentina.
- Peru is home to a section of the Amazon rainforest. It covers nearly 60% of Peru’s landscape, and about 5752 species of birds are endemic to the area.
- The Andian condor bird is the largest flying bird in Peru and one of the largest in the world.
- As a former spanish colony, most people in Peru speak Spanish. Still, the country has two official languages besides Spanish: Quechua, a language spoken in the Incan empire, and Aymara, native to the Andes.
- Peru has over 4000 types of potato varieties, and they come in different colors ranging from purple to pink to blue and red.
- Cotahuasi Canyon is one of the world’s deepest canyons; it is twice as deep as the Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States.
- Guinea pig is a delicacy in Peru, but Peruvian cuisine typically includes corn, potatoes, beans, and meats.
- The Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire, led by conquistador Francisco Pizarro, was one of the most important campaigns in the Spanish colonization of the Americas.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with facts about Peru that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
This article contains affiliate links.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Facts About Peru PDF FILE
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR Facts About Peru COLORING SHEETS
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed facts about Peru coloring pages template pdf — see button above to download & print
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our Japan facts coloring pages.
- Have a love of pizza? Here are some fun pizza facts coloring pages!
- These fun Australia facts coloring pages are so much fun!
- These fun dolphin facts coloring pages are the cutest ever.
- Welcome spring with these 10 fun Easter facts coloring pages!
- Do you live on the coast? You’ll want these hurricane facts coloring pages!
- Grab these fun facts about rainbows for kids!
- Don’t miss out on these fun Cuba facts coloring pages!
What were your favorite facts about Peru?