Printable El Salvador Facts For Kids
Today we are learning some interesting facts about El Salvador! It’s a small country, but it has so much history and natural resources, so now is the best time to print our El Salvador facts coloring pages.
These coloring pages are a great resource for kids learning about Central American countries. Plus, they’re free and ready to be downloaded!
Download here –> El Salvador Facts
Did you know that the Spanish words “El Salvador” mean “The savior”? And that the country is nicknamed El Pulgarcito de America (“Tom Thumb of the Americas”) because it’s the smallest country in the American continent?
Let’s learn some more fun facts about this incredible country!
El Salvador facts FOR KIDS
- El Salvador, officially the Republic of El Salvador or La República de El Salvador, is a country in Latin America.
- El Salvador is the smallest country in Central America, with a total area of 8,124 square miles and a population of 5.7 million, making it the most densely populated country in the area too.
- Its capital and largest city is San Salvador, which is home to over 2 million people including the metropolitan area.
- Because of the Spanish conquest, the official language of the country is Spanish.
- El Salvador is the only country in Central America without a coastline on the Caribbean Sea, but it has access to the Pacific Ocean.
- El Salvador uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency, after adopting it in 2021 to stabilize the economy.
- The country is home to several mountain ranges, including the highest point in El Salvador, Cerro El Pital, which rises to 8,957 ft above sea level.
- El Salvador is known as the “land of volcanoes,” with several active volcanoes, including the Santa Ana Volcano.
- El Salvador is home to over 600 species of birds, including the quetzal and the emerald toucanet, and over 800 animal species such as the spider monkeys.
- The national coat of arms on the flag of El Salvador features a laurel wreath symbolizing victory and honor.
- El Salvador’s economy is largely based on the service sector, with tourism, banking, and commerce among the major industries, as well as coffee plantations.
- El Salvador is home to a number of endangered species, including the green sea turtle, turquoise-browed motmot, leatherback turtle, Baird’s tapir, and the American crocodile.
- El Salvador has a long and rich history that dates back to the 11th century, during that time period the area was inhabited by indigenous people. Still, many Salvadorans are of Spanish descent, reflecting the country’s colonial history.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR EL SALVADOR FACTS COLORING SHEETS
El Salvador facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable El Salvador facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with El Salvador facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE El Salvador facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Colombia Facts
- Mexico Facts
- Argentina Facts
- Alabama Facts
- Florida Facts
- Cuba Facts
- Australia Facts
- Peru Facts
What was your favorite fact about El Salvador?