Looking for interesting facts about Puerto Rico? Look no further! We have 12 fun facts on two coloring pages about this beautiful, exotic island. Let’s learn some Puerto Rico fun facts today!
One such fact is Porto Rico is an old variant spelling of Puerto Rico. This Caribbean region country, whose name is Spanish for “rich port” has a tropical climate and is located just south of the North Atlantic Ocean.
FREE PRINTABLE Puerto Rico FACTS COLORING PAGES
Puerto Rico is actually an archipelago with a main island, four small islands, and hundreds of cays and islets. The people of Puerto Rico are US citizens and have their own government but they are under the jurisdiction of the United States federal govenment.
Fun Puerto Rico Facts
- Puerto Rico is a Caribbean island and unincorporated territory of the United States, formed by the main island and 143 smaller islands and islets located in the Caribbean sea.
- Puerto Rico is considered the world’s oldest colony as it was a Spanish colony.
- With a total area of 3,515 square miles, it is the third-largest island in the United States and the 82nd-largest island in the world.
- Puerto Rico has two official languages: English and Spanish, although Spanish is the dominant language and most people are not fluent in English.
- Christopher Columbus arrived in Puerto Rico in 1493 during his second trip to the New World. The island’s name was soon changed to Puerto Rico, or “rich port,” when the Spaniards found impressive amounts of gold.
- The mix of coconut cream, pineapple juice, white rum, and ice, known as Piña colada, was born in San Juan.
- As a U.S. territory, the currency used in Puerto Rico is the U.S. dollar.
- All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, are considered American citizens.
- Puerto Rico has countless natural wonders, including El Yunque rainforest, Mona island, La Parguera natural reserve, Flamenco Beach, and so many other beautiful beaches.
- El Yunque is the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System.
- There are nearly 300 plant and animal species endemic to Puerto Rico.
- The Puerto Rican flag has a beautiful meaning: The blue triangle represents the sky and the ocean, and the three sides of the triangle represent the three branches of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR PUERTO RICO FACTS COLORING SHEETS
These Puerto Rico fun facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with-favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Puerto Rico facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Puerto Rico facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Puerto Rico FACTS PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our Japan facts coloring pages.
- Have a love of pizza? Here are some fun pizza facts coloring pages!
- These fun Australia facts coloring pages are so much fun!
- These fun dolphin facts coloring pages are the cutest ever.
- Welcome spring with these 10 fun Easter facts coloring pages!
- Do you live on the coast? You’ll want these hurricane facts coloring pages!
- Grab these fun facts about rainbows for kids!
- Don’t miss out on these fun Cuba facts coloring pages!
What was your favorite Puerto Rico fact?