Looking for fun facts about one of the most mountainous countries? Let’s learn some interesting facts about Greece!
We put these interesting Greek facts in two coloring pages, so kids of all ages who are interested in the rich history of this small country in southern Europe can learn all about it.
Coloring sheets are one of the best ways to learn about Greece today. Today we are learning some general facts like what are Greece’s capital and the total land area, a bit of Greek history, and also some other fun information.
For example, did you know that Greek people consider Tuesday 13 a day of bad luck as it is supposed to be dominated by the influence of Ares, the god of war? This is not common in the modern world anymore, but it’s still a cool fact to learn!
10 Cool Facts About Greece
- Greece is a peninsular country in Southeast Europe, bordering the Ionian Sea and the Mediterranean Sea, between Albania and Turkey.
- The official name of Greece is the Hellenic Republic.
- Greek mythology is a popular topic in Greek culture and includes stories about the gods and goddesses, including the goddess Athena.
- Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece and was believed to be the home of the gods in Greek mythology.
- The country includes 6,000 Greek islands, of which only 227 islands are inhabited. They are considered to be some of the most beautiful islands and one of the best places to visit beautiful beaches.
- Olive trees are abundant in Greece, and the country is known for its production of olive oil, as well as Feta cheese.
- The population of Greece is 10.64 million people.
- The first Olympic Games were held in ancient Greece and were a celebration of athleticism and competition.
- The city of Athens is the capital and largest city in the country. The official language is Greek, but a minority speak Albanian, Turkish, Russian, and Romani.
- Greece has 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including archaeological museums and Acropolis in Athens, with a large number of tourists visiting every day.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT GREECE COLORING SHEETS
Facts about Greece coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable facts about Greece coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Facts about Greece that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Facts about Greece PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Facts about North America
- Facts about Ireland
- Facts about the desert
- Ecuador facts
- Africa facts for kids
- Australia facts for kids
- Colombia facts for kids
- China facts for kids
- Cuba facts for kids
- Japan facts for kids
- Mexico facts for kids
- Fun facts about Texas.
Did you enjoy our facts about Greece coloring pages?