Today we have a simple printable Thanksgiving activity for kids of all ages, a Thanksgiving word search puzzle you can download and print. Older kids can do this word hunt independently, younger kids can join with an adult or sibling to find all the Thanksgiving themed words in the printable puzzle.
Holidays, like Thanksgiving, are all about family and getting together to play games like this Thanksgiving word search. Here’s a great vocabulary building game to occupy your child while you prepare Thanksgiving dinner.
You could also get together as a family to go on this Thanksgiving Word Hunt as a team!
Printable Thanksgiving Word Search
I love a good word hunt, don’t you? Looking for words, backwards, forwards, up, and down, is much more exciting than simply memorizing endless vocabulary lists.
This word hunt contains 17 Thanksgiving-themed words for your child to find. Each word is a special word we associate with Thanksgiving like food. Who doesn’t love things like cranberry sauce, corn, potatoes, turkey, etc?
Find Thanksgiving Words
What is also cool about this Thanksgiving word search is that it also has words from the past. This is a great way to kind of talk about Thanksgiving history and who the pilgrims were and about the Mayflower.
Download & Print the Thanksgiving Word Search pdf File Here
Extend This Thanksgiving Word Search Activity
To keep the game going, try these ideas for more family game fun:
- Use this vocabulary list – and add a few more – to play your own personalized Thanksgiving-themed version of Charades.
- Ask everyone in your family to think of or write down a list of things they think of when they hear the word Thanksgiving and see how many of the words each person comes up with matches up with another person’s list of words.
- Divide into individual or group teams and think of 3 other words to build out the vocabulary list in the categories “Food,” “Mayflower,” or “Gratitude”.
- Have each person try using two words from the list in a sentence. If the player is successful, have her try using three words. See who can use the most words in one sentence.
Related: This activity would also pair well with our Mayflower craft.
Do you have any favorite word games your family loves to play?
More Thanksgiving Printables from Kids Activities Blog
- Love these Thanksgiving coloring pages for kids of all ages.
- Super cute preschool turkey coloring pages.
- Download and print our Being Thankful Coloring Pages for kids that are perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Easy Thanksgiving coloring sheets for kids…even baby!
- This printable zentangle turkey pattern makes a really lovely and elaborate Thanksgiving coloring page.
- Color our adorable Thanksgiving doodles coloring pages!
- Check out these Thanksgiving facts for kids that double as cute coloring pages.
- Our favorite fall coloring pages are a quick download with endless autumn coloring potential.
- These gratitude quotes for kids are printable and can be colored, painted or decorated. I love the idea of using glitter glue.
- Start a Thanksgiving tradition with this free gratitude journal for kids printable.
- Thankful coloring pages are fun and help us count our blessings.
- Easy pumpkin coloring pages are great for kids of all ages.
- No matter the weather, you can always enjoy pumpkin patch coloring pages inside.
- This autumn tree coloring pages set is fun to use ALL the autumn colors!
- These fall leaf coloring pages are simple and can be used as printable coloring pages or autumn leaf templates for other crafts.
- P is for Pumpkin! Check out the letter p coloring pages that are perfect for preschool.
- Fall coloring sheets have never been more fun!
- Oh the cuteness of these acorn coloring pages.
How did you use the Thanksgiving word search? Did you play any of the other Thanksgiving word games?