Thanksgiving Activities for Preschoolers
Thanksgiving day is here, and since it’s our favorite holiday season, we put together our favorite Thanksgiving activities for preschoolers! These Thanksgiving themed activities will help kids learn about this important day in a fun way: from a paper plate turkey wreath to Thanksgiving sensory bottle, we’ve got it all!
Fun Easy Crafts and Thanksgiving Activities For Preschoolers
The month of November is that time of year when kids of all ages go all out with some great ideas, and for our littlest ones in preschooler or kindergarten, it might seem a bit difficult to include them in the celebration with the older kids. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Today we have 32 fun ideas for these little hands.
Our preschool Thanksgiving activities are the perfect way to have some fun learning in different ways. Plus, we made sure to include easy Thanksgiving crafts that you can do with simple supplies, like pom poms, coffee filters, and googly eyes.
Not only that, but our easy turkey crafts are a great way to help young children develop their fine motor skills, color recognition skills, and early literacy skills. So, are you ready for a good time? Let’s get started!
1. Coffee Filter Turkey Craft
Let’s make a coffee filter turkey craft with a spin art paint technique that kids of all ages will love and makes a great preschool turkey craft.
2. Super Simple Thanksgiving Coloring Sheets Even Toddlers Can Color
We are excited to share these extremely easy Thanksgiving coloring sheets that were designed with babies, toddlers, and preschoolers in mind.
3. Thanksgiving Printables for Kindergarten
These Thanksgiving Printables for Kindergarten coloring pages are waiting for your little one’s crayons! Download and print this pdf and watch your preschooler enjoy coloring!
4. Festive Thanksgiving Coloring Pages for Kids
These cute Thanksgiving coloring pages printable pdfs are perfect for the whole family to spend time together. Let’s color for Turkey day!
5. Thanksgiving Printables for Preschoolers Coloring Pages
Grab your pilgrim hat, and your favorite Thanksgiving food like a slice of pumpkin pie, and enjoy these Thanksgiving printables for preschoolers coloring pages. They are perfect to do at the Thanksgiving dinner table!
6. Make a Gratitude Tree for Kids – Learning to Be Thankful
We have a really lovely gratitude tree activity that is a great way to start conversations about our blessings in life and be grateful for everything that we have.
7. How To Paint With Feathers: 5 Fun & Easy Ideas
Why not try an art craft too? Kids really enjoy the sensory experience of working with feathers and the end result is always unique and interesting! From Early Learning Ideas.
8. Corn on the Cob Craft Painting for Kids – Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts
Corn on the Cob painting will give your children an experience with texture painting and it makes a perfect hands-on activity. From Natural Beach Living.
9. Everything You Need To Make An Easy Turkey Play Dough Activity
Let’s make a fun turkey theme play dough activity with really simple items that you probably already have, like craft sticks, pipe cleaners, and feathers. From Early Learning Ideas.
10. Turkey Math: An Easy Thanksgiving Number Activity
Use this turkey math activity from Early Learning Ideas to work on number skills with your kids. It’s the best way to build number skills during this fun season.
11. Feed the Turkey Counting Activity
This feed the turkey counting game is a fun, hands-on way to practice counting, and you only need 5 supplies to make it. From Fun Learning for Kids.
12. Thanksgiving Addition Game: Add & Fill Turkey
This Add and Fill Turkey game takes some prep time in the beginning, but it can be used over and over again. Perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners! From Creative Family Fun.
13. Do You Want A Free Thanksgiving Emergent Reader?
Thanksgiving season is a great time to talk about gratitude with children, and this Thanksgiving emergent reader is perfect for that. Easy to assemble and fun to color printable from Early Learning Ideas.
14. Thanksgiving crafts for kids: Turkey Shapes Craft
This shape turkey craft from Fun Littles is the perfect way to learn about shapes while developing our little ones’ fine motor skills.
15. Thanksgiving Kids Craft: Torn Paper Turkeys
This craft is a great way to keep kids of all ages occupied and the result is a super adorable Thanksgiving keepsake! From Coffee Cups and Crayons.
16. Thankful Hands Thanksgiving Craft
This thankful hands Thanksgiving craft is a simple way to get children thinking about what they are thankful for. All you need is a pencil, scissors, and colored paper. From Mama Smiles.
17. Thanksgiving Sensory Soup Water Play
This Thanksgiving sensory soup water activity is a fun way to incorporate pretend play and learning – and you’ll love how easy it is to set up. From Fantastic Fun and Learning.
18. Roll-A-Turkey Thanksgiving Activity
Need a quick activity for toddlers and preschoolers this Thanksgiving? Let’s roll a turkey! Idea from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
19. Number Turkey
To make this simple turkey counting activity, you just need colored cardstock, scissors, glue, googly eyes, dices, markers and contact paper! From Toddler Approved.
20. Turkey Game for Preschool
This game takes approximately three minutes to set up, but guarantees hours of fun. It’s a great way to learn number recognition, too! From Days with Grey.
21. Paint Chip Turkey Craft with Paper Roll for Thanksgiving
With simple crafting supplies that are versatile and free, like paint chips and paper rolls, your little one can make their own Thanksgiving turkey. From Finding Zest.
22. Turkey Feather Math Thanksgiving Activity
This Thanksgiving craft is a great way to learn the numbers in a hands-on activity, using only brown paper and jumbo colored craft sticks. From Fantastic Fun and Learning.
23. M&Ms Corn Roll
This game involves counting and candy… so of course it will be a hit among our little ones! From Toddler Approved.
24. Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
Nothing quite says Thanksgiving like an adorable turkey craft when working with young kids! Grab your paper plates and paint, and… happy crafting! From Red Ted Art.
25. Turkey Feather Ten Frames
Practice math and help enhance your little one’s fine motor skills with a turkey theme using these Turkey Ten Frame Feathers. From Coffee Cups and Crayons.
26. Telling Time with a Turkey Clock
A Turkey Clock is a fun Thanksgiving math activity that will help your kids learn how to tell time. From Creative Family Fun.
27. Montessori Practical Life Button Turkey for Preschoolers
These button turkey crafts are a perfect fall activity, working on buttoning skills and fine motor skills. From Natural Beach Living.
28. Memory Alphabet Game for Fall
Playing this memory game will reinforce the letters of the alphabet and have significant value for brain development. From Days with Grey.
29. Thanksgiving Dinner Sensory Bin
This sensory bin activity is a great way to prepare your toddler and preschoolers for all the excitement and food to come! From Happy Toddler Playtime.
30. Fall Leaf Sensory Writing Tray
Children will love cutting, tearing and crumbling a rainbow of leaves for this sensory writing tray activity! From Little Pine Learners.
31. Thanksgiving Turkey Sensory Bottles
This Thanksgiving Turkey Discovery Bottle is a lovely calming sensory play idea for kids of all ages. From Kids Craft Room.
32. Harvest Sensory Bin
This Harvest Sensory Bin is a simple and fun farm-themed sensory activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and older kids. From Fireflies and Mudpies.
Want more fun Thanksgiving activities for the whole family? We’ve got them!
- These Thanksgiving leftover recipes are a good way to avoid food waste!
- Here are 30+ Thanksgiving activities for toddlers that they will absolutely love!
- Our festive Charlie Brown Thanksgiving coloring pages are perfect for kids of all ages.
- Try this footprint turkey for the cutest keepsake ever!
What was your favorite Thanksgiving activity for preschoolers?