Today we have 33 enjoyable fall art projects for kids. From traditional leaf crafts to pumpkin crafts, we have fall art projects for kids of all ages that work well at home as a boredom buster or in the classroom.
FAVORITE FALL art activities FOR KIDS
There is so much fun to be had with fall art activities because this time of the year brings with it favorite fall activities for our kids–like these 33 fall art ideas!
Fall art activities and kids just go together!
That is one of the reasons why these fall craft ideas are so perfect. Many will send kids outside on a leaf scavenger hunt to find the perfect crafting leaf, and others will draw from the autumn pumpkin and apple trees as inspiration. These creative fall craft activities (preschoolers) are just plain awesome.
Related: Fun Watercolor Resist Art Idea Using Crayons
Tips for Fall Art Projects
Older kids and even 2 and 3 year olds love fun fall crafts, especially when it’s leaf crafts. A nature walk is a great way to gather real leaves and other supplies, like pine cones for these easy fall crafts using fun ideas.
If these fall crafts look like fun, but you don’t live in an area where fall is vibrant and active, you can find supplies at your local craft store!
This post contains affiliate links.
Favorite Autumn Art Projects
1. Early Learning with a Sticky Wall
Early Learning With A Sticky Wall is a great way to engage young children in spelling their names.
2. Printable Fall Tree Coloring Page
This Printable Fall Tree Coloring Page is a great indoor activity for those chilly fall days.
3. Warhol Inspired Fall Leaf Art Project
Warhol Inspired Fall Leaf Art Project is perfect for older elementary school children looking for a challenge.
4. Kids Autumn Leaf Lace Up Cards
Kids Autumn Leaf Lace Up Cards are a great way for preschoolers to work on fine motor skills.
5. Fall Leaf Painting With Watercolors & Glitter
This fall season, let Projects With Kids help you make these pretty leaves with watercolor paint.
6. Leaf Silhouette Art
Fall colors come to life with autumn crafts like this one from The Best Ideas For Kids.
7. Leaf Painting
The Best Ideas For Kids leaf painting with puffy paint is really cool!
8. DIY AUTUMN LEAF WREATH
This wreath is easy to make with the free printables from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
9. Leaf Art Study
Use the negative space to draw the missing half with Adventure In A Box.
10. Creating Nature Art
Collect plenty of natural materials for fall nature crafts from Fireflies And Mudpies.
11. Watercolor and Fall Leaf Art Project
Be sure to grab natural items for this beautiful art craft from Rhythms Of Play.
12. Autumn Tree Painting With Cotton Balls
Grab your paint, cotton balls, and clothes pins for this craft from Projects With Kids.
13. Handprint Fall Tree Craft
Cute fall crafts like this autumn handprint tree from Simple Everyday Mom are great for little hands.
14. Fall Harvest Pumpkin Watercolor Art Project
Simple ideas like this pumpkin from Rhythms Of Play make fun fall arts great!
15. Autumn Tree Painting Ideas
Download your autumn trees free template today from Crafts On Sea.
16. Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
If you need a frugal, fun craft this season, try salt painting from Natural Beach Living.
17. No Mess Pumpkin Art
Mess-free painting from Teaching 2 And 3 Year Olds is fantastic fun!
18. Textured Pumpkins Crayon Rubbings
The best thing about this piece of art is the texture from Buggy And Buddy.
19. Cookie Cutter Process Art
Your little kids will have a great time making placemats from Projects With Kids.
20. Fall Art – Window Painting
Great fall crafts like this window cling are so easy from Kids Craft Room.
21. Blotto Painting for Kids in Fall Colors
This craft is a fun way to explore different takes on art from Buggy And Buddy.
22. Magnetic Squirrel and Acorn Fall Craft
This paper plate magnet craft is a great fall craft from The Joy Of Sharing.
23. Leaf Hedgehog Craft
This hedgehog craft is so much fun for kids from Messy Little Monster.
24. Watercolor Fall Leaf Art Activity
Fall projects are more fun with watercolor leaves from Teaching 2 And 3 Year Olds.
25. Autumn Splatter Tree
Enjoy the beautiful colors displayed in fall from Arty Crafty Kids.
26. Wax Resist Leaf Painting
Add wax resist painting to your collection of fall crafts to make from Kids Craft Room.
27. Tape Resist Process Art Project
This fall art activity for kids from Nurture Store is so cool!
28. Bubble Wrap Fall Art Activity
Let’s paint with bubble wrap from Teaching 2 And 3 Year Olds.
29. Falling Leaves Suncatchers
Cut pieces of tissue paper make great fall leaves from Stay At Home Educator.
30. Fall Fabric Scrap Collage
This craft from Paper And Glue helps you use up that fabric stache!
31. Hello Autumn Bubble Painting for Kids
This bubble art activity is sure to be a hit with toddlers from Crafty Kids At Home.
32. Melted Crayon Leaves and Apples
Who needs apple trees when you have melted crayons from Life With Moore Babies?
33. Fall Toddler Leaf Art
Toddlers will love this sponge painting craft from Teaching 2 And 3 Year Olds.
MORE FALL Art & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- We have so many fall crafts!
- Get your crayons ready for these fall coloring pages!
- Or download and print these leaf coloring pages that double as a leaf template for leaf shaped crafts.
- Kids can make their own leaf drawing with this simple how to draw a leaf step by step guide.
- Fall activity sheets are sure to keep your little ones entertained.
- These tree coloring pages are full of autumn leaves in need of some fall color.
- I made a list of fall crafts your whole family will love!
- Cool and rainy days call for fall crafts for kids
- This pumpkin book craft is sure to be a hit!
- Pumpkin activities are really “gourd” ways to teach your little ones!
- Go find some fall leaves on our nature scavenger hunt that works great even for younger kids because no reading is required.
- The 50 fall activities for kids are all of our favorites!
- Need some ideas on how to display your kids art? Click here!
- We have a simple Autumn craft using fall leaves to make a tree!
Which of these creative fall art activities for kids are you going to try first? Which fall art activity is your favorite?