Managing kids art work can be a challenge! This list of my favorite ways kids art storage and kids art display ideas. No matter your house size, there are smart and clever artwork ideas for kids to display kids art, organize children’s artwork and store kids art masterpieces!
Start with Kids Art Storage
Being a mom and an artist, I was so excited when my first son started preschool and began bringing home art projects. I had the grand idea that I would be able to save all of these projects in a portfolio for each of my children.
1. Art Portfolio for Each Kid’s Art Work
When school began, the art projects began rolling in at a rapid rate. I was inundated with finger paintings, alphabet creations and doodles. I quickly learned that unless I rented a storage locker, there was no way that I would be able to save everything that my children’s little hands created throughout their years of art classes.
As my second son began his educational adventure, I realized quickly that I was going to have to get very creative in finding ways to store kids art.
We found some really fun solutions to the overwhelming art work for kids dilemma that we are sharing today…
Create a Home Art Gallery for Childrens Artwork
2. Art Gallery Hung with Colorful Frames
Make a kids art gallery using some colorful frames and wires with clothespins. What a great way to show off your little artists new pieces! Such a great option to decorate their room too. via The Caterpillar Years
3. Kids Art Work Hung with Clothespins
Save the refrigerator doors for important notes and us these different colors of clothespin and clothesline to show off new art pieces and older art pieces. Colorful clothespins are perfect for stringing artwork along a wall. This way, it can be easily changed out! via Design Improvised
Ways to Frame Kids ARt In Unexpected Ways
4. Use Clips to Display Kids Art
Glue a clip onto a picture frame for a cute (and simple) way to display artwork. This is great for inexpensive frames and simple ways to keep your kid’s artwork. via Lolly Jane
5. Paint Frames to Show Kids Artwork
Paint funky frames onto the wall for a more permanent solution! Kids can help with this promoting kids’ creativity. via Childhood 101
6. Artwork Collage that is the Right Size for Wall Space
Scan the artwork and create a collage with it! If you are short on space or want to display more of your favorites, scan them and then print them out in a smaller size to create a collage. What a great way to keep the original artwork. via Clean and Scentsible
Kids ARt Displays that Change as They Grow
Video: Using Dynamic Frames
This article contains affiliate links.
7. Use a Dynamic Display and Storage Frame
This frame is the perfect place for keeping all those pieces of art! Display one and store the others in the inside pocket. What a creative way to keep all your favorite artwork made by your small kid or really any family member.
8. Ikea Curtain Wire Kids Artwork Display
Use a curtain wire from IKEA to hang artwork in a fun way via Buttons by Lou Lou. I have done this and it works really well because it is easy to make the curtain wires the exact length you need for the artwork display space. This is such a creative way and a different way to show off all the easy diy projects your kids do.
9. Pallet Art Gallery
Love your kid’s artwork? The you’ll love these kids art display ideas. Personalize a pallet board with clothespins as a place to hang artwork. Everyone loves a simple art disply. via Pallet Furniture DIY
Kids Wall Art Displays I Love
10. Create Hanging Artwork Collage from Free Template
Use this free template to create an easy collage from your digital artwork. This way you can show off all your kid’s art masterpieces. via Simple as That Blog
11. Old Clipboards as Artwork Frames
Old clipboards make a great, non permanent solution for artwork storage via SF Gate. I can envision an entire wall of clipboards displaying all sorts of kid-made art. This is great for a playroom or their art wall in their room. Kids’ artwork can be easily changed out.
13. DIY Shadow Boxes to Display Kids Art Work
What an easy way to display art! Display artwork in an artful shadow box which are seriously some of the funnest artwork pieces to hang on your kids gallery wall from Meri Cherry.
14. Transform Kids Art Into Permanent Decorative Items
Want a better way to show off art work from the little guy or girl? Check out this cute idea…
- Turn your kids’ artwork into cute placemats with this placemat ideas tip.
- Use decoupage to turn artwork into something more permanent with decoupage projects for kids.
More Genius Ways to Store Kids Art
15. Kids Art Storage that Works
- Take a picture of artwork and create a photo book with all the images
- Create baby file boxes to house all the artwork from every grade. via Destination of Domestication
- Make a kids’ artwork portfolio from poster board as a slim way to store projects. via Pajama Mama
- Store all the artwork and papers in a Memory Binder — you can make one for each year, or combine multiple years! via Reluctant Entertainer
16. Go Digital with Kids Art
One easy storage idea was right at my fingertips for years, and I kick myself when I realized how long it took me to discover it. It is a solution that allows you to save copies of all of your children’s art with minimal effort. Simply scan them into your computer and keep them on a disk.
You can label each picture with the date, project type or special occasion it represents. I now have a disk for each of my children for each year of school. I simply label it with the child’s name and the school year and I am able to save all of their artwork and many of the writing samples, without creating chaos in my home. While it doesn’t allow me to save all the originals, it does allow me to keep everything they bring home for future viewing.
Artwork for Kids Ideas
17. Creation Station for Kids
In our house, we have a large desk that has been designated our creation station! It is where we keep our art supplies and where the children can complete projects anytime! I knew it was another perfect area to adorn with artwork, I just need to find a way.
Then, one day while walking through the home improvement store, it hit me! I was walking through the plexi-glass aisle and realized that was my solution. After returning home and measuring the desk, I was able to purchase a perfectly fitted piece of plexi-glass at a minimal cost. I simply place the art work between the desk and the plexi-glass, and the plexi-glass also helps to protect the desk top while my kids are doing projects and is easily wiped off when things get messy.
18. Collecting Memories With Childrens Artwork
Once you begin to look outside the box and get creative with your storage solutions, you’ll find an abundance of options and hopefully have a little fun in the process! And if you choose to use a disposable option like digital storage, don’t trash the art work when you are done!
Be sure to toss it into the recycling bin. Some of these ideas are quick and some take an afternoon to complete. Some are neat and clean and some may have you and your child messy as can be. But one thing is assured, you’ll be left with many memories without the headaches of having to rent a storage locker to keep it all!
Make More Kids ArtWork Ideas with Kids Activities Blog
- Learn how to make your own cool drawings from a kid artist.
- No matter your age, you can create handprint art and we have over 75 ideas.
- I love making shadow art!
- Bubble painting makes the coolest bubble art.
- Preschool art projects are super fun especially when they are process art which is more about the journey and less about the finished product.
- Crayon painting is fun with this crayon art idea.
- Outdoor art projects for kids help contain the mess!
- I love a good traditional art project like this macaroni art!
- We have the best art apps ideas.
- Make a watercolor salt painting.
- If you are looking for more kids arts and crafts <–we have a bunch!
What is your favorite way to display and store kids art?