Let’s make a pretty colorful pipe cleaner flower card for someone special! This pretty handmade pipe cleaner flower card is perfect for any occasion including Mother’s Day, a birthday, or for your favorite teacher or best friend. It is an easy card making craft for kids of all ages for home or the classroom.
HandMade Colorful Pipe Cleaner Flower Card
It’s almost springtime and what better way to welcome it than with this pretty spring handmade flower card. This craft is perfect for everyone, is inexpensive to make, and makes a lovely handmade gift to brighten someone’s day.
This article contains affiliate links.
How to make a pipe cleaner flower card
We are going to curl pipe cleaners just like a snail’s shell to make pretty flowers. Then, we’ll attach them to a card with green pipe cleaner stalks and use colorful paper to make a vase for them.
Related: How to make a bouquet of pipe cleaner flowers
Supplies needed to make a pipe cleaner flower card
- Card stock
- Scrapbook paper – a bright color or pattern
- Pipe cleaners – in assorted colors
Related: Big list of pretty flower crafts
Instructions for making a pipe cleaner flower card
This step is going to be the easiest and something that kids can do. Simply fold the plain piece of card in half to make the greeting card. Teach younger kids how to match up the corners and then press down the edge. If you want, you can even use scissors to round off the corners of the card.
Take one end of the pipe cleaner and begin to curl it around and around just like a snail’s shell. Repeat this step to make as many flowers as you can fit on the top of your card; we made 7 pipe cleaner flowers. You can make your flowers all one color, or make a colorful bouquet with a variety of colors.
Glue your pipe cleaner flowers and green pipe cleaner stems onto your card, gathering the stems together like a bouquet.
Gluing pipe cleaners craft tip: We initially started with school glue because it is perfect for kids to use. However, we found that it takes a long time to dry and you have to continue to hold the pipe cleaner flower end together or put something on top of it. We ended up switching to hot glue because it was quicker to work with.
Using brightly colored or patterned scrapbook paper cut out a vase shape using scissors. Bend and roll the paper so it curves over the pipe cleaner stems (see the photo above). Glue the vase over the green pipe cleaner stems.
Our finished pipe cleaner flower card
I think our handmade flower cards turned out great. And while I love this floral card for Mother’s day, you can also use this these single handmade cards to give someone a Happy Birthday! It can be a handmade Birthday card, Mother’s Day card, Father’s Day card, or just a way to say I love you.
And if you want, you can write a special message on the backside of the card. This is a little larger than regular card size so there is plenty of room to write.
- Card stock
- Scrapbook paper - a bright color or pattern
- Pipe cleaners - in assorted colors
- Fold the plain piece of card stock in half to make a greeting card shape.
- Starting at one end of a pipe cleaner, curl it around like a snail's shell. Repeat this step for as many flowers as you need, we made 7.
- Cut green pipe cleaners to make flower stems and attach those along with the curled pipe cleaners to the card using glue.
- Cut your patterned scrapbook paper into a vase shape and roll it so that it bends easily and curves over the top of the green stems. Glue it into place too.
More flower crafts and fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Have you tried origami? Here are 40 gorgeous origami flower ideas for your to make.
- If you love sunflowers then you’ll love this sunflower made out of tissue paper.
- This construction paper bouquet is the perfect handmade gift.
- An egg carton flower wreath is the perfect spring decor for your door.
- If roses are your favorite flower we have 21 ways to make paper roses that you will love.
- It’s not springtime without tulips. Here are 21 tulip crafts you can make this spring.
- And don’t miss our flower coloring pages which are perfect craft and card making starters.
- We love these fun sunflower crafts!
- Check out these card making ideas!
- Learn how to draw a tulip.
- Here is a way to make a fun cupcake liner flowers!
Have you made a pipe cleaner flower card? Who did you give it to?