Today we have 19 easy poppy crafts for children of all ages and adults too! Choose your favorite poppy craft as a way to commemorate Veteran’s Day or Memorial Day, or just enjoy a day filled with simple craft projects. Poppy crafts are fun to make at home or in the classroom. Which poppy craft will you choose first?
Favorite Poppy Art & Crafts For Kids
Red poppies are one of my favorite flowers! Not only are they an important symbol of remembrance, but poppies are also so much fun to make. That’s why these poppy crafts are so perfect.
Related: Easy origami flower ideas
We are sharing so many different ways to create poppy crafts. Some poppy crafts are ideal for enhancing young kids’ fine motor skills, while others are an exciting art project for older children. We made sure to cover every age and skill level.
As a parent or teacher, you will love that most of these poppy crafts are made with supplies you already have or can easily get in a craft store. From coffee filters and cupcake liners to craft sticks and pipe cleaner, you’re guaranteed to have a special day crafting poppies!
1. Memorial wreath made from paper napkins
If you’ve got red and yellow napkins, you already got most of the supplies to make this poppy wreath. From Bugaboo, Mini, Mr & Me.
2. How to Make Coffee Filter Poppy
JDaniel4’s Mom shared how to make a coffee filter poppy, a great Veterans Day or Memorial Day poppy craft. Look how pretty it looks!
3. A Remembrance Day Poppy Hack for Kids
To make these Remembrance poppies you only need a poppy, two small identical magnets, a tiny embellishment of some sort, and some glue. From Mama Papa Bubba.
4. Easy Red Poppy Craft & Other Memorial Day Activities
This is a fun & easy Red Poppy Craft for Memorial Day and is perfect for little kids as it enhances fine-motor skills. From Carrots are Orange.
5. Remembrance Day Craft: Coffee Filter Poppies
These red poppy crafts from CBC are easy to make and require only a few common household items such as coffee filters, a safety pin, and a pipe cleaner.
6. Fingerprint Poppy Flower Craft for Kids
Make these fingerprint poppies for a Spring art project or Mother’s Day cards. You only need paint, white paper, and paintbrushes. From Crafty Morning.
7. Melted wax poppy craft, a Remembrance day activity
Mum in the Mad House shared a display of poppies to create a paper plate poppy wreath which is a great Remembrance Day activity for children.
8. Remembrance Day Poppy Wreath
This poppy wreath craft is easy enough for kids to make although it might require some adult assistance if they are too young. From Mama Papa Bubba.
9. Poppy wreath Remembrance Day craft for children
Here’s an easy poppy craft that’s perfect for a Remembrance Day activity for children. Grab your favorite watercolor paints! From Nurture Store.
10. Tissue Paper Poppy Wreath
Let’s make a tissue paper poppy wreath! It’s a simple and straightforward craft that even the youngest of them can make, and the finished poppies can be used in so many different ways. From Sugar Spice and Glitter.
11. Poppy Hair Clip
Let’s make a quick and easy poppy hairpin craft out of red craft foam. It takes less than 5 minutes! From Mama Papa Bubba.
12. Paper Poppy Craft
These red poppy flowers can be used as a decor piece or transformed into pins to learn about the importance of Memorial Day. From Sugar Spice and Glitter.
13. DIY Poppy Lantern for Remembrance
Kids of all ages can make this red poppy lantern. Light it up as an act of remembrance during the evenings. From Sun Hats & Wellie Boots.
14. Poppies (Egg Cartons)
Kids can learn how to make poppies using egg cartons and paint. This art craft is perfect for younger kids and older kids alike. From Kinder Art.
15. Felt Brooch “Poppy”
These decorative brooches are so pretty and easy to make. Just follow the picture tutorial! From Live Master.
16. Anzac Day poppy craft made from paper plates
These poppy crafts made from paper plates are easy enough for little kids to do, and are a great way to remember Anzac Day. From Laughing Kids Learn.
17. Pinwheel Poppies – A Remembrance, Armistice or Veteran’s day activity
Make a pinwheel poppy by following this simple tutorial from Mum in The Mad House, or you can many of them to create a poppy field.
18. Paracord Poppy for Remembrance Day
This paracord poppy is more suitable for people with knotting experience, but the end result is so pretty and a good way to remember our heroes. From Instructables.
19. DIY Paper Poppy Backdrop
This paper poppy backdrop is ideal for Memorial Day, but it would also make for a nice spring/summer project because it’s all about poppies! From The House that Lars Built.
LOOKING FOR MORE CRAFTS TO DO WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY? WE’VE GOT THEM:
- Take a look at our more than 100 5 minute crafts for kids.
- Nothing beats a beautiful butterfly suncatcher that you can make at home.
- We have so many ways so you know how to make a tulip!
- Spring is here — that means it’s time to create tons of flower crafts and art projects.
- Our flower coloring pages are a great start to many crafts.
- Let’s make ribbon flowers!
- Kids of all ages will love making pipe cleaner flowers.
- Look at this poppy suncatcher craft!
- Got extra coffee filters? Then you are ready to try these 20+ coffee filter crafts.
Which poppy craft are you going to try first?