Let’s make a tissue paper sunflower craft with kids. Make a pretty DIY tissue paper flower craft. This sunflower craft makes a beautiful art piece that kids can hang to display. Follow the easy instructions for this DIY sunflower made of tissue paper that works well with kids of all ages at home or in the classroom.
Tissue Paper sunflower Craft
This tissue paper sunflower craft is perfect for kids of all ages.
- For younger kids, you might want to draw a flower, or you can print our sunflower template. Younger kids may need help with using scissors too.
- Older kids who love drawing might want to sketch their own.
Related: Make tissue paper flowers
If you hang onto gift wrap and decorative tissue paper from presents like I do, then this is an inexpensive craft to make. The best part is it doesn’t matter if it’s torn or crinkled because you are going to scrunch it into balls anyway.
This article contains affiliate links.
How to make a tissue paper sunflower
Supplies Needed to Make a Tissue Paper Flower
- Card stock
- Tissue paper – yellow, black, brown, blue, and green*
- Glue stick
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- (Optional) Printer to enlarge our sunflower template
*Craft tip: If you don’t have tissue paper, you can also use crepe paper streamers to make this project.
Instructions for making a DIY tissue paper flower
Create your sunflower template. We’ve previously shared a tutorial on how to draw a sunflower. You can use this template for your tissue paper sunflower craft, or sketch your own. I used the template and enlarged it on my printer at home. You can also use #9 flower coloring ages which is a sunflower coloring page.
Cut small pieces of black tissue paper. There is no exact size for this and they don’t have to be perfectly straight. You can even tear pieces if you don’t want to use scissors. Scrunch them into a ball and attach them to the center of the flower using glue.
Continue with the method in step 1 of cutting and scrunching the paper. Work from the inside of the flower to the outside of the card stock attaching it in place using the glue stick. Use brown and then yellow until the sunflower is covered in tiny paper balls.
Continue with green tissue paper to make a stem, leaves, and grass along the bottom of the craft.
The last step is to scrunch blue tissue paper to create the sky around your sunflower. You can use different shades of blue if you like, or even add white clouds too.
Our finished sunflower craft
We love how this simple sunflower craft turned out with bright colors and a cheerful spirit. We have had fun changing out the colors of tissue paper for other sunflower crafts too!
- Card stock
- Tissue paper - yellow, black, brown, blue, and green
- Glue stick
- Pencil or use your printer to enlarge our sunflower template
- Sketch or print a picture of a sunflower.
- Cut small pieces of tissue paper.
- Scrunch the tissue paper pieces into small balls.
- Starting at the center of the flower and working to the edge of the card stock, attach the balls of tissue paper using a glue stick.
More tissue paper crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Make our tissue paper hot air balloon craft
- Celebrate their special birthday or milestone with these tissue paper numbers – you could make letters too.
- Hang a butterfly suncatcher in your window.
- If that’s not enough, we have 35 more tissue paper crafts for kids.
- Make your own paper lanterns!
More Flower Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out this beautifully easy tulip art.
- Download and print these flower coloring pages
- Let’s make flower crafts!
- Don’t miss our other sunflower crafts for kids!
- Make a sunflower clubhouse in your backyard.
Have you made our tissue paper sunflower craft project with your kids? Share a photo on Instagram and tag us using #kidsactivitiesblog. We would love to see how it turned out.