Pipe cleaner crafts are so much fun to make because they are easy and pipe cleaners can also be molded into a million ways! Kids of all ages will love this selection of our favorite pipe cleaner crafts that are fun to make at home or in the classroom!
Pipe Cleaner Crafts
I absolutely adore pipe cleaner crafts because they require very little set up and have unlimited crafting options. A pipe cleaner is also known as a chenille stem, fuzzy stem, fuzzy stick, fuzzy wire, brush, smoking pipe cleaner or craft pipe cleaner.
Related: Check out these fun pipe cleaner ornaments kids can make
This article contains affiliate links.
Best Pipe Cleaners for Crafts
Pipe cleaners come in big packages with lots of colors. You can get them in different sizes and levels of fuzzy. Here are a few of our favorite craft chenille stems:
- 200 Multi-color pipe cleaners set for arts and crafts
- 350 piece set of pipe cleaners in 30 colors for crafts
- 100 piece set of black pipe cleaners (flexible chenille stems) for arts and crafts
Favorite Pipe Cleaner Crafts for Kids
1. Pipe Cleaner Flower Craft
Pipe Cleaner Flowers are amazing because then there is no mess to clean up!
2. Robot Helmet Craft
Have a strainer in the kitchen? This Fun Robot Hat is always a huge hit! ~from The Realistic Mama
3. Pluck It Game Made from Pipe Cleaners
DIY Pom-pom Pluck – pluck the pipe cleaners and don’t be the one to have all the pom-poms plunk on you! ~from The Realistic Mama
4. Pipe Cleaner Bracelet Craft
4 DIY Bracelets, with enough different variations every kid will love theirs! ~from The Realistic Mama
Related: Easy Preschool pipe cleaner bracelet craft
5. Rainbow Pipe Cleaner Bracelet Craft
And if that wasn’t enough, here’s another idea for a Rainbow Bracelet ~from Crafts by Amanda
6. Easy Crown Craft Using Pipe Cleaners
Watch our quick crown making tutorial using one of our very favorite craft supplies, chenille stems!
7. Pipe Cleaner Ring With Gems Craft
You can make some super cute Pipe Cleaner Rings ~from Juggling with Kids. They even have gems!
8. Pipe Cleaner Disguises You Can Make
Pipe Cleaner Disguises – because what kid wouldn’t love making their own disguise?
9. Pipe Cleaner Bee Craft
Clothespin and Pipe Cleaner Bees – the cutest bees you’ve ever seen!
10. Pipe Cleaner Ornaments
Gorgeous Icicle Ornaments ~from Happy Hooligans. Make your tree extra festive this year!
11. Pipe Cleaner Alien Craft with Ping Pong Balls
You can’t go wrong with Ping Pong Ball Monsters made with chenille stems.
12. Toilet Paper Roll Alien Craft with Pipe Cleaners
Or make an alien craft like these adorably sparkly Toilet Paper Aliens ~from Meaningful Mama
13. Pipe Cleaner Ring Toss Game DIY
Ring Toss Game made from cardboard and pipe cleaners from Molly Moo. A Great way to keep kids busy for hours!
14. Pipe Cleaner Finger Puppet Craft
Finger Puppets made from chenille straws are just awesome ~from Happy Hooligans
15. Aluminum Foil Sculpture with Pipe Cleaners
Easy Aluminum Foil Butterfly – these bright, shiny butterflies make the best refrigerator magnets ~from I Heart Arts & Crafts
16. Pipe Cleaner Flowers Bookmark
DIY Flower Bookmarks is the perfect tool to help inspire reading ~from Your Modern Family
17. Card Making Craft for Kids
This 3-D DIY flower card craft is perfect for even older kids because pipe cleaner flowers can be simple or ornate.
18. Pipe Cleaner and Bead Snake Craft
These pipe cleaner animals are snakes made of beads! How fun…let’s make 20!
19. Pipe Cleaner Encanto Craft
These cute Mirabel glasses are made out of pipe cleaners!
20. Pipe Cleaner Spider Craft
We love this spider craft for kids year round, but they are especially awesome to make around Halloween.
More Pipe Cleaner Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
Looking for more fun pipe cleaner crafts and activities for kids? We’ve got them!
- Like this awesome borax and pipe cleaners science project! You can make your own crystals.
- Use pipe cleaners to make this lovely laurel wreath.
- Make a wooden spoon garden craft using felt, markers, and pipe cleaners.
- Learn to read a thermometer using a pipe cleaner!
Which pipe cleaner craft do you want to try?