Today we have a super simple paper plate craft that is great for kids of all ages. We are making paper plate spiders! With just a few supplies, kids can easily create these creepy crawly spider craft paper plates to hang at home or in the classroom.
While we are creating this as an easy Halloween craft for kids, this paper plate spiders craft has year round appeal!
Paper Plate Spider Craft
I love a good paper plate craft because it usually uses things that I already have on hand or I can easily substitute. Manipulating the thick paper of the plate is great for fine motor skills and kids can plan out how they want their paper plate craft to look.
Today we are making a spider craft out of paper plates. Follow along on how we made ours or get adventurous and make your own paper plate spider craft idea.
This article contains affiliate links.
- Paper plates
- strong craft glue (or strong tape)
- pipe cleaners
- googly eyes (or white paper to make your own eyes)
- paper to make mouths and teeth
Paint the back of the paper plate the desired spider color. We used black, gray and some silver paint we had leftover from another project. Because painting is messy, I was glad it was nice outside to paint on the back porch.
Once you have the back of the paper plate painted, let it dry.
Get out eight pipe cleaners (or however many legs you want your spider to have) and place a generous amount of glue on the tips of the pipe cleaners.
Make sure you count all the pipe cleaners with your little one!
The pipe cleaners are hard to glue down, so if your glue doesn’t work then feel free to use tape and tape four of them to each side.
Add googly eyes…you are going to need a bunch because some spiders have as many as 12 eyes! Kids can choose how many eyes their spider will have.
Add a string for hanging!
More Spider Crafts & Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Make your own natural spider repellent.
- Learn how to draw Spiderman with our simple step by step printable guide.
- If you have some extra paper plates, make a spiderman mask with this fun craft.
- Have you ever made a spider dog?
- This glowing spider lantern is really fun to make for Halloween.
- Use this spider web waffle maker for a special Halloween breakfast.
- Paint a watercolor spider web painting…these are so pretty!
- Make this simple and fun spider web craft.
- This is one of my favorite spider crafts…make a bouncing spider!
- Make a bottle cap spider craft…oh the crawly cuteness!
- Make an ice cream sandwich spider…yum!
- These DIY window clings are spider web window clings and are easy to make!
- Oreo spiders are fun and yummy!
- Make these easy and cute spider snacks!
How did your paper plate spider craft turn out?