Learn how to use a mason jar to make a Halloween lantern! A spider lantern made from a mason jar, lights, cotton, and lights is the perfect Halloween craft that makes a fun Halloween decoration. This Halloween Spider Lantern will look creepy cool on your mantel or even be a fun DIY nightlight for your kids to make! Kids of all ages will love this Halloween lantern craft! You can make this Halloween spider lantern at home or in the classroom, either way it makes great Halloween décor.
Super Creepy Halloween Lantern Craft
Getting ready for Halloween? This Halloween craft is perfect then as it makes a super spooky and creepy crawly piece of Halloween décor. Kids of all ages, both younger kids and older kids, will be able to make these. Fake spiders, colorful lights, and diy spider webs…this creepy lantern is sure to be a hit. Plus, this creepy lantern Halloween craft is budget-friendly! Win!
This glowing lantern is super simple and inexpensive to make. In fact, I found all the supplies I needed at my local Dollar Tree making it the perfect Halloween dollar store craft.
This article contains affiliate links.
Related: This themed paper lantern craft is the perfect way to decorate!
Supplies Needed To Make This SPooky Halloween Spider Lantern Craft
How to Make a Halloween Spider Lantern
Start by taking your string light and wrapping it around the battery pack on the end.
Now, open the jar and stuff a small handful of fake spider web in the bottom with a spider toy or two.
Next, turn on the string light and insert it into the jar.
Now, fill in the space around light with more spider web and spiders. Be sure to pack it well with web and cover up the string light so that there aren’t any parts of it showing.
When you’re done filling the jar with web and spiders, put the lid of the jar back on.
Use in a dark place to see the webbing glow!
Our Experience Making This Mason Jar Halloween Lantern
My kids loved making this creepy lantern. We played our favorite Halloween music while we made it like The Monster Mash! Such a fun Halloween song! I was a little worried my kids would have an issue making this spider lantern, because none of us like bugs. But they had a blast making a mason jar Halloween lantern. It really was fun. We made about 10 of them so we can place them on our porch this Halloween to give it a more creepy aesthetic. I’m excited, and so are the kids!
- Plastic Jar
- Spider Web or Cotton
- Small Toy Spiders
- Purple String Light
- Start by taking your string light and wrapping it around the battery pack on the end.
- Now, open the jar and stuff a small handful of fake spider web in the bottom with a spider toy or two.
- Next, turn on the string light and insert it into the jar.
- Now, fill in the space around light with more spider web and spiders. Be sure to pack it well with web and cover up the string light so that there aren’t any parts of it showing.
- When you're done filling the jar with web and spiders, put the lid of the jar back on.
- Use in a dark place to see the webbing glow!
More Halloween Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
- Use fake eyeballs to make another Halloween lantern.
- You can make a Halloween night light as well.
- Don’t forget to check out these jack o lantern luminaries too.
- We have some spider crafts for toddlers too!
- Check out these adorable creepy spider crafts.
- Use bottle caps to make these cute Halloween spider crafts.
- This spider web craft is so cute!
- Want to know how to make fake spider webs with watercolor?
- These Halloween window clings look just like black widows.
- Hand out these spider soaps instead of candy.
- Learn how to draw a spider web using this step by step tutorial.
- Check out these Halloween apps! Perfect for kids of all ages.
Have you tried out this spider Halloween lantern? Let us know down below.