This easy DIY spider repellent spray is incredibly effective, all natural and can be made in less than 2 minutes…problem solved. This reliable and easy-to-make natural spider repellent is made with essential oils. Essential oils is the best way to get rid of spiders without toxic pesticides.
Natural Spider Repellent
Let’s make DIY natural spider repellents!
If you are trying to get rid of your reliance on chemical insecticide, this is an effective solution. Getting rid of spiders is suddenly easy now that we know that there are natural alternative solutions that actually work!
Solution for Fear of Spiders in the House
I am not a big fan of spiders in my house so this easy DIY spider spray is perfect! The good news is that it is an all-natural spider deterrent that you can make yourself at home and not be afraid to use liberally because this spider spray is made out of peppermint oil, an essential oil which works as an insect repellent.
So I researched spider remedies using natural ingredients and I found out that a great way to get rid of spiders is with peppermint essential oil.
Best spider repellent ever!
Peppermint essential oil might smell amazing to me and you (it’s my daughter’s favorite oil), but spiders are not big fans of this smell.
In fact, they hate it so much they can’t even get close to it.
So I started trying out different recipes for my DIY natural spider spray.
This post contains affiliate links.
Homemade Spider Spray With Essential Oils
Here’s how to make a simple spider repellent with common ingredients – you won’t believe how easy it is to get the best results! As an added bonus – it smells amazing!
Essential oil tip: Use a GLASS spray bottle because essential oils can eat up (degrade) plastic.
Directions to Make Spider Repellent Spray
Step 1 – Make the Essential Oil Spider Repellent
Fill your small glass spray bottle with water and then add peppermint oil. This spider spray recipe was created with the small 2 oz spray bottles in mind, but if you have a larger bottle just add the appropriate amount of additional peppermint essential oils.
Step 2 – Use the Spider Spray
Shake it well before using.
Spray this spider “juice” around window frames, doors (inside and out), small cracks in the ceilings, walls, bathrooms.
I even spray it on the outside porch.
Step 3 – Reapply Weekly
I usually do this once a week (twice during summer), it takes just a few minutes and it works as a natural home spray that smells really really good.
Since I started using my “spider spray” I haven’t seen any eight-leg creatures.
I am happy they are alive outside, but away from my house!
Eliminating Toxic Chemicals from the House
Natural repellents work surprisingly well compared to commercial repellent. Many pest control companies also use a pest repellent with active ingredients that are harmful to our pets and have to be used in limited ways around children.
The insect repellent effects are harmful to our lungs and respiratory system, plus, they usually have very strong scents that make it hard to stand when sprayed.
If you live in North America, you’re probably tired of finding different spider species, insects, and bed bugs on your window screens, window sills, under the kitchen sink, seal cracks, and open areas. No matter what time of year it is, we continue finding jumping spiders and even brown recluse spiders and black widows everywhere!
The last thing I wanted to do is fill our new house with toxic chemicals in my spider hunt. Sticky traps were not cutting it anymore.
This natural solution was the best spider repellent I could find!
- 8-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- Fill your small glass spray bottle with water and then add peppermint oil. This spider spray recipe was created with the small 2 oz spray bottles in mind, but if you have a larger bottle just add the appropriate amount of additional peppermint essential oils.
- Spray this spider “juice” around window frames, doors (inside and out), small cracks in the ceilings, walls, bathrooms.
- I usually do this once a week (twice during summer), it takes just few minutes and it works as a natural home spray that smells really really good.
More Essential Oil IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Smelly fit? Fix it with these essential oils for smelly feet tips.
- Essential oil is not just for adults! Here are our favorite essential oil games for kids.
- In fact, you can also use essential oils to calm pets or help them relax.
- Got an anniversary coming up? Try these essential oils for romance!
- Make a natural chest rub for toddlers with essential oils to improve their sleep.
- Learn how using essential oils in the bath can make you feel like you’re having a spa day at home.
How did your natural spider repellent work? Were you able to rid your home of spiders with this natural remedy?