With Halloween just a week away it’s time to start thinking of spooky and delicious treats to serve to your party guests. We are taking the guess work out today by partnering with Good Humor to share these fun and easy to make Spider Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are sure to be a hit at any party!
What You’ll Need to Make Spider Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Good Humor® Giant Vanilla Sandwich
- Chocolate Licorice
- Red Edible Candy Eyes (found in Halloween baking section)
- White Royal Icing
How to Make Spider Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Open your ice cream sandwich and lay it onto a flat surface or plate.
- Cut the vanilla sandwich in half to make smaller spiders (you can also leave it whole for a much bigger spider).
- Take some of your chocolate licorice and make 8 equal pieces. You can cut the original pieces into thirds until you have enough.
- Carefully stick the pieces of the licorice into the sides of the ice cream sandwich. You will want to arrange the “legs” of the spider to stick out so it looks like a real spider!
- Next, use a small amount of the white royal icing to attach the red candy eyes to the top of the sandwich.
- Your edible spider is now finished! Serve it up to ghouls and gals of all ages for a fun and deliciously spooky Halloween treat!
Make Halloween a Little More Sweet with Good Humor
We all know that Halloween is all about scary good fun and delicious treats. However, those treats usually consist of candy. There is plenty of candy to go around but not enough ice cream. So this Halloween think outside the coffin (see what I did there?) and make a different kind of treat!
For more than 90 years, Good Humor®has been making people smile by reimagining America’s favorite candies and desserts as delicious frozen treats. Good Humor® is the original ice cream truck brand and invented the concept of “ice cream on a stick,” delivering joy right to America’s doorsteps.
They have a line of classic bars, sandwiches and cones which are available in several varieties, including the Good Humor®Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Éclair Dessert Bar, Good Humor® Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Bar, Good Humor® Toasted Almond Dessert Bar, Good Humor® Giant Vanilla Sandwich and Good Humor® Giant King Cone®.
They all sound yummy don’t they? I personally love the vanilla sandwiches. An original but oh so good!
So what are you waiting for? The countdown to Halloween is ticking so grab a box of your favorite Good Humor treats and get to celebrating all things spooky! You can learn more by visiting the Good Humor website and by following them on Facebook and Twitter.
Make your own cotton candy ice cream!
Make these icebox cookies! They’re so good.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Unilever Ice Cream. The opinions and text are all mine.