This simple art technique creates the prettiest watercolor spider web art. Kids of all ages will love creating spider webs either at home or in the classroom. Parents and teachers appreciate the simplicity of this easy art project for kids that is great for Halloween or any time spiders are being celebrated!
Grab a few simple supplies and let’s make watercolor spider webs together…
I have an overwhelming fear of spiders. During Halloween it’s worse because of how amazingly real some fake spiders actually look look.
One thing I can do with them is make fun arts and crafts. So this Watercolor Spider Webs Craft. My son and I made this together. It’s easy, fun, and the spiders are totally fake so no screaming here!
This article contains affiliate links.
Watercolor Spider Web Art Project for Kids
I really loved how this spider art project turned out.
The art technique we use in this project ends up making your own homemade “glue” which means it can be a little messy. I suggest even covering your work area in newspaper so clean up is a breeze!
This art project is easy for younger kids to do and it’s inexpensive. I think it would certainly be a perfect arts and craft project for classrooms.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- white paper
- paint brushes
- watercolors (orange, blue, purple and black watercolor paints work best)
- spider stickers (I found some hanging in the Halloween section at Walmart)
To make your glue mixture, mix together flour, sugar, vegetable oil, and water in a large bowl.
Note: If the mixture is too thick you can add a little more water to thin it out.
It is now time for the kids to paint spider webs onto the white paper using the homemade glue mixture you just made. Allow to dry for several hours (overnight works best).
Once the glue is dried, it’s time to paint the entire picture using watercolors. Make sure to paint over the dried glue entirely so the webs will appear.
Allow to dry.
Once everything is completely dry, it’s time to add the spider stickers.
Hang up and show off your creepy spider web craft!
MORE SPIDER CRAFTS & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This glowing spider lantern is really fun to make for Halloween.
- Make paper plate spiders!
- Use this spider web waffle maker for a special Halloween breakfast.
- Make this simple and fun spider web craft.
- This is one of my favorite spider crafts…make a bouncing spider!
- Make a bottle cap spider craft…oh the crawly cuteness!
- Make an ice cream sandwich spider…yum!
- These DIY window clings are spider web window clings and are easy to make!
- Oreo spiders are fun and yummy!
- Make these easy and cute spider snacks!
How did your watercolor spider webs artwork turn out?