Ready to learn some fun facts about planets? We have the perfect activity! Today we have 10 facts about Jupiter printables that you probably didn’t know about!
You’re going to love to find out that these fun Jupiter facts also double as coloring pages, so print a set for your kiddo or students, and get some crayons.
Free Printable Jupiter Coloring Pages
Jupiter is a massive planet in our Solar System, in fact, it is the largest planet! There’s a reason why it was named after the king of the gods. Jupiter is one of the planets that can be seen with the naked eye in the night sky, even years before the invention of the telescope.
In short words, Jupiter is a very interesting planet with many interesting facts about this gas giant. We put our favorite 10 facts about Jupiter in our Jupiter facts coloring pages, ideal for kids and adults.
Let’s see what we will need to color these coloring sheets…
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT JUPITER COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed Facts about Jupiter coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
10 interesting facts about Jupiter
- Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system.
- Jupiter is a gas giant and doesn’t have a solid surface, but it probably has a solid inner core about the size of Earth.
- It has big storms, like the Great Red Spot, which has been going for hundreds of years.
- One day on Jupiter is only 10 hours long, while one year is the same as 11.8 Earth days.
- Jupiter has, at least, 79 confirmed moons.
- Jupiter’s most famous moons are Io; Europa; Ganymede; and Callisto which were discovered by Galileo Galilei in 1610.
- Jupiter is one of the five visible planets, among Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Saturn.
- Jupiter’s mass is almost twice that of all the planets in our solar system combined. It is 318 times larger than Earth.
- Some people consider Jupiter a failed star since it is made out of gases and liquids very similar to the Sun’s composition.
- Jupiter’s powerful gravity attracts many of the comets and asteroids to hit it instead of slamming other planets.
Download Facts about Jupiter coloring pages pdf
More facts about our solar system coloring pages:
Check out these coloring pages that include interesting facts about space, planets, and our solar system:
- Facts about stars coloring pages
- Space coloring pages
- Planets coloring pages
- Mars facts coloring pages
- Neptune facts coloring pages
- Pluto facts coloring pages
- Saturn facts coloring pages
- Venus facts coloring pages
- Uranus facts coloring pages
- Earth facts coloring pages
- Mercury facts coloring pages
- Sun facts coloring pages
More Fun Coloring Pages & Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Download and print these planet coloring pages for some extra fun
- You can make a star planet game at home, how fun!
- Or you can try making this planet mobile DIY craft.
- Let’s have some fun coloring planet Earth too!
- We have planet Earth coloring pages for you to print and color.
What was your favorite fact about Jupiter?