Learning about history doesn’t have to be boring, especially if you have coloring pages! Today we are learning Christopher Columbus facts that you can color as you learn.
These coloring pages are a fun resource to learn about one of the coolest explorers that has ever existed, making it perfect for kids of all ages!
Christopher Columbus facts FOR KIDS
- Christopher Columbus was an Italian explorer and navigator born in between 25 August and 31 October 1451 and died on 20 May 1506.
- His Italian name was Cristoforo Colombo and he was born in the Republic of Genoa, now Italy.
- He completed four voyages across the Atlantic Ocean with the intention of going to East Asia, however, he ended up arriving in the “New World”, the Americas.
- The three ships used by explorer Christopher Columbus on his first trip were La Niña, La Pinta, and La Santa Maria.
- His first voyage set sail was on August 3, 1492, from Spain to find a sea route to Asia was on August 3, 1492. Two months later, he landed on small island in the Bahamas and he called it San Salvador.
- The second voyage was in 1493, where he sailed with 17 ships and about 1200 men, arriving in Hispaniola, the most populous Caribbean island, in late November.
- His third voyage in 1498 took him to Trinidad and within reach of the South American mainland.
- On his fourth voyage, on March 14,1502 his goal was to find the Strait of Malacca to the Indian Ocean. He explored Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- He was sponsored by the Spanish crown, Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand, opening the way for the widespread European exploration and European colonization of the Americas.
- Following his death in 1506, Columbus was buried in Valladolid, Spain, and then moved to Seville. However, his body was shipped across the Atlantic ocean to Hispaniola and interred in a Santo Domingo cathedral.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Christopher Columbus facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Christopher Columbus facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Christopher Columbus facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Christopher Columbus facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Black History Month facts for kids
- Martin Luther King Jr. facts for kids
- Kwanzaa facts for kids
- Facts about George Washington
- Abraham Lincoln facts for kids
- Anne Frank facts for kids
What was your favorite Christopher Columbus fact?