Impress your friends and family by sharing some cool facts about Mars! These printable facts about Mars coloring pages are a great way to learn about the red planet while having fun.
These original Mars facts coloring pages are perfect fun for kids that love coloring pictures and learning about the universe, as well as adults that simply enjoy relaxing with coloring activities.
Free Printable Facts About Mars Coloring Pages
Did you know that Mars, the fourth planet from the sun, is named after the Roman God of War? In fact, it is the smallest planet in the solar system after Mercury. There are so many cool things about Mars that you probably don’t know about, which is why we’re so excited to share with you these fun Mars facts.
They are also a great learning resource for home, classroom, or virtual learning environments any time of the year.
Let’s see what we will need to color these coloring sheets…
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT MARS COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed Facts about Mars coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
10 interesting facts about Mars
- Mars is the fourth planet from the sun in our solar system.
- Mars is named after the Roman God of war and is also known as the Red Planet because of its color, which comes from the large amounts of iron oxide in its rocks and soil.
- Mars is the second smallest planet in our solar system after Mercury, it’s roughly half the size of Earth.
- At Mars’ equator, temperatures can reach 68°F (20°C), but at its poles, they can go as low as -220°F (-140°C).
- Mars has 2 moons called Deimos and Phobos, named after the two horses that pull the Roman God of war’s chariot.
- A day on Mars lasts 24 hours and 37 minutes, while a year is 1.9 Earth years.
- The tilt on Mars’ axis is 25 degrees, which means that the planet experiences seasons like we do.
- Mars has a gravity 37% weaker than on Earth, which means you could jump 3x higher than on Earth.
- Mars has many channels, plains, and canyons which could have been caused by water erosion.
- Mars has the highest mountain in our solar system, a volcano called Olympus Mons, which is three times the height of Mount Everest.
Download & Print Free MARS FACTS Coloring Pages pdf Here
More facts about our solar system coloring pages:
Check out these coloring pages that include interesting facts about space, planets, and our solar system:
- Facts about stars coloring pages
- Space coloring pages
- Planets coloring pages
- Neptune facts coloring pages
- Pluto facts coloring pages
- Jupiter facts coloring pages
- Saturn facts coloring pages
- Venus facts coloring pages
- Uranus facts coloring pages
- Earth facts coloring pages
- Mercury facts coloring pages
- Sun facts coloring pages
More Fun Coloring Pages & Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Download and print these Mars Perseverance Rover coloring pages.
- You can make a star planet game at home, how fun!
- Or you can try making this planet mobile DIY craft.
- Download and print these planet coloring pages for some extra fun.
- Let’s have some fun coloring planet Earth too!
- We have planet Earth coloring pages for you to print and color.
What was your favorite fact about Mars?