Neptune Facts Coloring Pages
If your kiddo loves learning about space, you’ll be glad to know we have the best Neptune facts coloring pages!
Today we are learning about the ice giant known as Neptune, named after the Roman god of the sea! Download and print our facts about Neptune coloring pages for a hands-on learning activity.
Free Printable Facts About Neptune Coloring Pages
Neptune is a very interesting planet! It is the eighth and farthest planet from the sun in our solar system. Not only that, but Neptune is also the third most massive planet and the fourth-largest planet by diameter. Neptune is known for having many moons – 14 known moons so far – all named after sea gods and nymphs from Greek mythology.
But there’s much more to learn about Neptune! That’s why we created two coloring pages with facts about Neptune that you can print and color right now.
Let’s see what we will need to color these coloring sheets…
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR NEPTUNE FACTS COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed Neptune facts coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
10 interesting facts about Neptune
- Neptune is the eighth planet from the sun, and the most distant planet in the solar system.
- Neptune was named after the Roman god of the sea.
- Neptune is the smallest gas giant.
- A day on Neptune lasts 16 hours, and a year equals 165 Earth days.
- Neptune is not visible to the naked eye and was first observed in 1846.
- Neptune is made of hydrogen, helium, and some methane, which absorbs red light making the planet look blue.
- Neptune has large storms through its upper atmosphere, with speeds as high as 600 meters per second.
- One of the largest storms was recorded in 1989, called the Great Dark Spot, and it lasted about five years.
- Neptune has 14 moons, and one of the most interesting moons is Triton, a frozen world, probably the coldest world in the solar system.
- Neptune has 6 faint rings, which are made up of ice particles mixed with dust grains.
Download NEPTUNE FACTS coloring pages pdf
More facts about our solar system coloring pages:
Check out these coloring pages that include interesting facts about space, planets, and our solar system:
- Facts about stars coloring pages
- Space coloring pages
- Planets coloring pages
- Mars facts coloring pages
- Pluto facts coloring pages
- Jupiter facts coloring pages
- Saturn facts coloring pages
- Venus facts coloring pages
- Uranus facts coloring pages
- Earth facts coloring pages
- Mercury facts coloring pages
- Sun facts coloring pages
More Fun Coloring Pages & Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Download and print these planet coloring pages for some extra fun
- You can make a star planet game at home, how fun!
- Or you can try making this planet mobile DIY craft.
- Let’s have some fun coloring planet Earth too!
- We have planet Earth coloring pages for you to print and color.
What was your favorite fact about Neptune?