Today we have the cutest reindeer paper plate craft that uses a child’s handprints for the reindeer antlers to craft Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. This easy handprint Christmas craft works great for kids of all ages especially as a preschool holiday craft and uses simple craft supplies that are easily available at home or in the classroom.
Paper Plate Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Craft
We love easy paper plate crafts! Of course we had to create one for Christmas celebrating Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, the most famous reindeer of them all. This Paper Plate Reindeer Craft for kids is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers, but older kids will enjoy making it too!
Related: See more Christmas Handprint Crafts for kids
One thing I love about Christmas handprint crafts is that it’s also a keepsake craft. Use your child’s handprint to create the reindeer’s antlers, then simply invite your child to sign and date the back.
This article contains affiliate links.
- Brown paper plates (alternatively, you could invite kids to paint white paper plates with brown paint)
- Large wiggly eyes
- Brown construction paper (2 shades)
- Red pom pom
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- Glue stick
- String or brown pipe cleaner
After gathering supplies, trace your child’s hand on the lighter shade of brown construction paper.
Using scissors, cut out the traced construction paper handprints.
Draw the shape of ears onto the darker shade of construction paper. Invite your child to cut the ears out as well.
Use a glue stick to secure the ears, antlers, wiggly eyes, and pom pom nose to the brown paper plate.
Tape a loop of string or pipe cleaner to the back of the paper plate so that children can hang their reindeer on the Christmas tree!
More Reindeer Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out oh, so many fun Reindeer Crafts that are perfect for the holiday season!
- Make Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in your Christmas hair!
- Make a Rudolph party decoration that works great for kids holiday parties.
- Make a Rudolph ornament with popsicle sticks!
- I love this Rudolph Christmas goodie bags idea.
- This reindeer toilet paper roll craft is a great easy Christmas craft for kids of all ages.
- Check out this cute reindeer paper craft that works great for even older kids!
- Here is another fun reindeer handprint craft for kids!
How did your Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Paper Plate craft turn out?