Today we are learning how to draw a Christmas tree together from the top of the tree to the Christmas tree trunk, we will use basic shapes and easy steps on creating our own Christmas tree drawing. Kids of all ages can follow along in this drawing lesson step guide and create holiday amazing artworks. Our easy Christmas tree drawing lesson is a printable drawing tutorial that you can download and print with three pages of simple steps on how to draw a Christmas tree step by step with a pencil. Use this Christmas tree sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Christmas Tree Drawing Easy For Kids
Learning how to draw a simple Christmas tree is easy enough for children of all ages and skill levels, this printable how to draw a Christmas tree tutorial is so simple that even beginners can do it.
Download this free 3 page step-by-step Christmas tree drawing tutorial below for a great indoor activity: it’s easy to follow, doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and the result is a cute Christmas tree sketch!
How To Draw A Christmas Tree Step by Step- Easy
Enjoy an afternoon filled with drawing fun during the Christmas break with this easy how to draw a Christmas tree tutorial to make your own easy Christmas tree drawing.
First step, draw a cone and round the top and make little waves at the bottom. This is going to be the top of your Christmas tree. The two angled lines or diagonal lines will be almost straight lines while the waves are the bottom are little circles of different sizes drawn with a curved line arranged lined up along a loose horizontal line.
Repeat that same shape again only a little bigger and appearing underneath and behind the top of the Christmas tree you just drew. You can either create the entire new section with pencil and erase the lines or look at the step example and see what would show below. This will be the middle section of the Christmas tree.
The middle of the cone shape should line up with an imaginary vertical line that goes through the middle of the tree from the top.
The small circles halves lined up across the bottom of the layer will be a little larger than the first set.
Next step, repeat that same step one more time a little bigger below the second tree shape which will be the final section. The stacking of these three cone shapes give it that Christmas tree look.
Let’s add some new lines at the bottom. Draw a rectangle at the base of your tree with two visible horizontal vertical lines and two horizontal lines. This is your Christmas tree trunk.
Erase the horizontal line that is inside the tree branches.
Draw a star at the top of your Christmas tree as a tree topper and erase any additional lines. To make your tree a Christmas tree, this is an important step!
Related: How to Draw a Star step by step tutorial guide
Now you have the foundation of your Christmas tree drawing and it is time to add the holiday details.
You could stop right here if you want to have a group of outdoor evergreen trees (like a pine tree) without decorations if it is not Christmas time.
To add simple garland to your holiday tree, free hand draw curved lines starting at the top and stretching across each basic shape cone that created our tree outline. In the example, we made two curved lines at the top tier and one curved line on each of the lower two tiers.
Draw ornaments and decorations for your festive tree:
- Add little circles for Christmas balls and round ornaments.
- You can also reinforce the curved lines that created the garland with a parallel line to emphasize it for a different look.
- Add oval shapes on the garland to look like Christmas lights.
- Draw star shapes on the tree to look like star ornaments.
- Color your Christmas tree drawing and repeat with more drawn trees until you have a group of colorful Christmas trees!
- Add some small rectangle shapes and add bow details to create a bunch of Christmas presents at the base of the tree.
Now you’re finished! Get creative! You can add any decorations you want!
You can make your tree more of a cartoon Christmas tree with big shapes without a much detail (you can even trace over your outline with a permanent marker) or make it look more like a real Christmas tree by adding shading and detailed ornaments.
Download Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial PDF FIle Here
This article contains affiliate links.
RECOMMENDED DRAWING SUPPLIES FOR THIS Christmas Tree DRAWING
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
YOU CAN FIND LOADS OF SUPER FUN COLORING PAGES FOR KIDS & ADULTS HERE. HAVE FUN!
All Pages To Our How To Draw A Christmas Tree Printable
Our Christmas tutorial comes with 3 different pages. Each page has 3-4 steps to help you draw a festive and magical Christmas tree. This Christmas tree drawing is cute and can look good on homemade cards!
1. Page 1- How To Draw A Christmas Page
The first page of our how to draw a Christmas tree tutorial will give you the base you need for your Christmas tree.
2. Page 2- How To Draw A Christmas Tree
The second page of our how to draw a Christmas tree tutorial actually helps you draw a very basic Christmas tree. You go beyond the base and have a plain little tree.
3. Page 3- How To Draw A Christmas Tree
This is the third and final page in our how to draw a Christmas tree tutorial. This page shows you how to add fun decorations to your Christmas tree. That way your Christmas tree is festive and no longer plain!
MORE DRAWING FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Psst…Don’t miss our free pumpkin carving templates!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
THE BIG DRAWING BOOK
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
DRAWING DOODLING AND COLORING
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
WRITE AND DRAW YOUR OWN COMICS
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Christmas Activities from Kids activities Blog
- Check out these Harry Potter Christmas coloring pages that are perfect for Christmas activities!
- This huge list of easy Christmas craft for kids are so easy and fun to make.
- These free printable Christmas Trees are so festive, and perfect for the holidays!
- Brr! It’s cold outside! Stay warm inside by coloring an intricate snowflake coloring page.
- Wish someone special a Merry Christmas with our Merry Christmas coloring pages.
- This huge list of Elf on the Shelf ideas is so much fun!
- Our gingerbread house ideas for glue are easy to make… and so delicious, too!
- Don’t know what to do with older kids during the holidays? These Christmas activities for older kids are the solution!
- Math is super fun with these free Christmas math worksheets for kindergarten.
- Kids will love trying this glittery Christmas Tree Slime recipe this holiday season!
- These beautiful Christmas stocking coloring pages are sure to be a hit among your little ones!
- Whether you are looking for fun indoors activities to do during the winter break or just want some printable Christmas images to color, we’ve got your back.
How did your Christmas tree drawing turn out with this how to draw a Christmas tree step by step drawing lesson?