Ever wondered how to draw a butterfly? This butterfly drawing tutorial breaks it down to simple steps. It’s perfect for beginners and kids! In a matter of minutes, you and your family will be able to draw a simple butterfly. Yay!
Print and download this 3-page easy how to draw a butterfly tutorial, grab a pencil and a piece of paper, and let’s get started!
Create an easy butterfly drawing
Whether you want to learn how to draw a monarch butterfly or just want to learn how to draw a cartoon butterfly, you’re in the right place. The fun think about drawing butterflies is that you can color them any way you like!
When you add an art activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them develop a healthy habit that will increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and most importantly, develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions.
Those are just some of the reasons why learning how to draw a butterfly for kids is so important!
Easy steps to draw a butterfly
Let’s learn how to draw a cartoon butterfly! All you need is a pencil, an eraser, a piece of paper, and your favorite crayons or colored pencils to color it afterwards.
Print our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
- Let’s start with the wings. First, draw a circle.
- Add a cone to make a drop-like shape, and erase extra lines.
- Draw a smaller circle on the bottom part.
- Repeat step 2.
- Draw another set of “drops”, but this time face the other way.
- Draw a long oval in the middle, between the circles.
- Let’s draw the head by drawing a small circle on the top of the oval.
- Add a cute face and antennae and you’re done!
If you wish, you can decorate the wings to make it look like a monarch butterfly, or add fun patterns too. Get creative!
Download How to Draw a Butterfly Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a shark easy tutorial for kids who are obsessed with sharks!
- Why not try learning how to draw Baby Shark too?
- You can learn how to draw a skull with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Gel pens – a black pen to outline the shapes after the guide lines are erased
- For black/white, a simple pencil can work great
This post contains affiliate links.
You can find a gajillion awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More butterfly fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Catch the sun with this stained glass butterfly art.
- Kids & adults love coloring this detailed butterfly zentangle coloring page.
- Watch what this butterfly does to a koala bear – it’s adorable!
- Parents love this fun & easy no-mess painted butterfly craft.
How did your butterfly drawing turn out?