Let’s learn some surprising facts about one of the greatest painters of all time, Leonardo Da Vinci! His most famous painting is La Gioconda, also known as the Mona Lisa, but he did more than that.
We put these facts in two printables, so you can learn all about Leonardo Da Vinci’s life and work with our free Leonardo Da Vinci coloring pages. Print as many sets as you want and give them to friends and family!
Leonardo da Vinci Facts FOR KIDS
- Leonardo de ser Piero da Vinci (15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519) was a renowned Renaissance man known for his achievements in many fields, including art, science, and engineering. He is considered one of the greatest artists of all time.
- Leonardo din not have a last name as we know them nowadays. Da Vinci literally translates to “of Vinci,” which is his hometown.
- Leonardo da Vinci was one of the first Italians to use oil paints.
- Among his most famous works are the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, considered masterpieces of Western art.
- He received little formal education but was apprenticed to the artist Andrea del Verrocchio in Florence, where he learned the techniques of painting, sculpture, and other arts.
- His left hand was dominant and often wrote in mirror script, a form of writing that can only be read with a mirror.
- The Vitruvian Man is a famous drawing by Da Vinci that depicts the ideal proportions of the human body, based on the writings of the Roman architect Vitruvius.
- He invented musical instruments like the viola organista.
- He also composed music, such as operas, oratorios, masses, and motets. Sadly, many of Leonardo’s musical compositions have been lost.
- While working for the King of France, Leonardo had his own workship in the castle of Clos-Lucé, where he continued to create new works of art until his death in…
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Leonardo da Vinci Facts COLORING SHEETS
Leonardo da Vinci Facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Leonardo Da Vinci facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Leonardo da Vinci Facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Leonardo da Vinci Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Got a kiddo obsessed with Greek mythology? Try these fun Zeus facts!
- These Aphrodite facts are really fun to learn.
- Is there anything you’d like to learn about Colombia?
- Here are 10 facts about Aries zodiac sign you didn’t know about!
- Cuba is an amazing country, let’s learn some Cuba facts today.
- We’ve also got China facts for kids of all ages.
- Enjoy some tacos while you learn these Mexico facts!
- We may never know why kids love opossums so much, but in the meantime, let’s learn some cool opossum facts.
- These President’s Day facts make learning so much more fun.
- Who was Harriet Hubman? Learn all about this important person in history in our Harriet Hubman facts coloring pages!
What was your favorite Leonardo Da Vinci fact?