You probably know about Anne Frank and her diary. She was a strong girl that had to endure so much, so she became a global symbol of hope and kindness as she gave voice to millions of people.
To learn about her life and the Frank family, we made two printables with Anne Frank facts that will help kids and adults understand what her life was like back then.
Download here –> Anne Frank Facts
Anne Frank Facts FOR KIDS
- Annelies Marie Frank was a German-born Jewish girl who kept a diary in which she documented life in hiding under Nazi persecution during World War II.
- Anne Frank was born June 12, 1929, in Frankfurt, Germany, and died in 1945 in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Germany.
- Anne’s Diary, known internationally as the Diary of Anne Frank or The Diary of a Young Girl, became popular because it recounted the life hidden from the outside world.
- Anne’s family, the Van Pels family, and Fritz Pfeffer went into hiding in the secret annex located behind Otto Frank’s office building in Amsterdam, Netherlands. There were 8 people living together.
- Anne Frank celebrated her 13th birthday on June 12,1942, while hiding in the secret annex. As a gift, her parents gave her a red checkered diary, which she later used to document her experiences.
- Otto Frank was Anne’s father. He was the sole survivor of the family after their hiding place was discovered.
- Otto later published his daughter’s diary as she wanted to become a writer and planned to write a book about her experiences after the end of the war.
- After reading Anne’s diary, Otto said: “The Anne that appeared before me was very different from the daughter I had lost. I had no idea of the depth of her thoughts and feelings”.
- Johannes Kleiman and Victor Kugler were two of Otto Frank’s trusted employees who helped prepare and maintain the hiding place. They played essential role in ensuring the safety and well-being of those in hiding.
- Anne Frank House, located in Amsterdam, is the actual building where the secret annex was concealed. It has been converted into a museum that provides insights into the lives of those in hiding and commemorates Anne Frank’s legacy.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR ANNE FRANK FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Anne Frank Facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Anne Frank facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Anne Frank Facts PDF FILE
MORE FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Black History Month facts for kids
- Martin Luther King Jr. facts for kids
- Kwanzaa facts for kids
- Facts about George Washington
- Abraham Lincoln facts for kids
What was your favorite Anne Frank fact?