Today we are making apple print arts and crafts using apple stamps! Using a real apple as a paint stamp is just fall fun! This apple stamp craft is great for kids of all ages even younger kids like preschoolers and Kindergartners. We are apple stamping on plain cork coasters, but you could use it on paper or card stock as well.
Apple Stamp Craft for Kids
Making Apple Print Coasters is a fun craft to do with kids after visiting an apple farm. Kids will enjoy seeing the “star” on the inside of the apple, then stamping it onto a cork coaster to use as an ornament, gift, or coaster for home.
This craft requires basic supplies and can be done at home, school, or daycare. One of the steps needs to be completed by an adult.
This article contains affiliate links.
Related: Stamp using your thumb print for this thumb print art
How to Apple Stamp
Supplies Needed for Apple Stamping
- Cork coasters -they make these specifically for crafting and are surprisingly inexpensive
- Red acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- 1 small apple
- (Optional) String, twine or ribbon
- (Optional) Scissors
Directions To Make Apple Stamp Coasters
After gathering supplies, an adult should use the knife to cut the apple in half.
Cutting the apple through the center will reveal the star inside.
Paint 1 half of the apple red.
Invite kids to press the apple onto a cork coaster.
Pull the apple up firmly to reveal the print.
Repeat with the rest of the coasters.
When the coasters are dry, stack them together and tie with a piece of twine or ribbon. Now kids have a cute gift to share with teachers, neighbors, or friends!
Craft Variation to Create a Hanging Apple Ornament
Alternatively, glue a loop of ribbon or twine to the back of the coaster to create an ornament, perfect for your holiday tree.
- Craft cork coasters (plain)
- Red acrylic paint
- Small apple
- String, twine or ribbon
- paint brush
- Cut apple in half.
- Paint the interior of the halved apple red.
- Press the painted side of the apple onto the coaster stamping the red paint.
- Carefully remove the apple.
- Repeat on other coasters.
- Once dry, tie the set of coasters together with twine or ribbon and give as a gift.
MORE APPLE FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Check out this fun apple craft activities for preschoolers and Kindergartners
- Let’s make homemade applesauce!
- This preschool apple tree craft is really a lot of fun.
- Make a felt bookmark that looks like an apple!
- This apple button art for kids is a ton of fun.
- Paper plate apple craft perfect for preschoolers or Kindergarten.
- Perfect apple themed snack is to make your own apple fruit roll ups!
- Check out this preschool apple worksheet set.
- And check out our printable Johnny Appleseed story and coloring page.
- Check out this fun tissue paper apple craft!
- Take a gander at this super cute apple craft for preschoolers.
- Check out this preschool apple tree craft!
How did your apple stamp craft turn out? Did you make apple print coasters or use this apple stamping technique in a different way?