Looking for a cool math game for kids? We have it! This math game is so much fun and easy to do. It’s so fun, in fact, that your kids won’t even realize they’re learning, plus they’ll get up and move around. Kids of all ages, like preschoolers and kindergarteners, will benefit from this fun and cool math game. Whether you’re at home or in the classroom this cool math game is perfect!
Cool Math Game For Kids
There are a number of ways to play this cool math game. This game will teach your kids numbers, addition, subtraction, evens, odds, and counting. It’s great! You know where your kids is with their education, so formulate the math sheet based on where your child is and what you want them to learn.
Beyond practicing math skills with this fun math game it also is a great way to practice hand eye coordination as you have to jump, swat, and move. I love logic games that have multiple benefits.
I would say this math game is great for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, even kids in 1st grade and 2nd grade. It’s a fun way to learn various math concepts for younger kids and older kids. Turn this math activity into a game with a high score!
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Check out these other fun and cool math games for kids.
Supplies Needed For This Cool Math Game
How To Put Together This Cool Math Game?
Roll out a good long sheet of the white paper.
Decide what you want your child to learn? Counting? Addition? Evens? Skip counting? Write those numbers numbers on the paper with different colors. (I.e 1-20 scattered or 5, 10, 15, 20 etc, answers to simple math problems, etc)
Tape up the paper on the wall.
Use the flyswatter to slap the right numbers!
Fun Variations On This Cool Math Game
- With a preschooler, play number I Spy, “Can you find the number 4? Hint: it is Red”
- Use the worksheet, and instead of answering with words have him slap the correct answer with the swatter.
- Ask him to go in order and find all the even numbers, or count by fives.
- Ask him to count backwards (great for helping develop skills he’ll use with subtraction later).
- Use flash cards and see how fast he can swat the correct answer.
- Is the fly swatter getting old? Try mixing it up by having him tap the answer with his elbow or his nose.
- Lay the paper on the floor and stack the corresponding amount of an item (ex: legos) on top of the number.
We love cool math games, especially for our kids who don’t like “school” – you know the sit and learn from a book “organized” school? We homeschool so I am constantly looking for ways to bring the learning to life – especially for my son. Flyswatter math is a huge hit! I think it has made it into our list of “Friday” learning activities. Flyswatter math combines the fun of moving and slapping with the chance to learn number recognition and solving math problems.
We got a big piece of butcher paper out and wrote down all the numbers between 0 and 50. You can make this smaller for sure, but we are working on recognizing the larger numbers so we went for the big scale version. We had so much fun!
More Fun Math Games From Kids Activities Blog
- Math Games for Learning Numbers
- Cool Math Games for Kids: Online and FREE!
- Counting Game for Kids
- Cool Math Games
- Free Printable Math Sight Words Flashcards For Kids
- Colorful Math Art Project For Kids Inspired By The Artist Klee
- 12 Cool Math Games For Kids That You Can Make And Play
- Fortune Teller Math Games For Kids To Practice Math Skills
- DIY Math Puzzlers
- Expanded Form Math Worksheet and Place Value Game To Print And Play
- LEGO Math Skip Counting Activity
- Fantastic Cool Math Games and Computer Programs For Preschoolers
- 10 Cool and Fun Math Games For Kids
- 30+ Super Fun Math Games
- Check out these fun pet math activities for preschoolers!
Did your child have fun with this cool math game? This is a great way to get your kids moving while they are learning. Do you have any activity suggestions for a kinetic kiddo?