Oh, all those kid fridge snacks! Ever need a way to keep the kid food in the fridge organized?
Me too…which is why I was so excited to find this brilliant org for kids fridge snack ideas.
Check out a smart refrigerator organization hack: This Mom posted on social media because her fridge organization is BRILLIANT for keeping kids fed and happy with snacks.
Sarah Hornung, a mom from Buffalo, New York recently posted about a fridge hack that she uses to keep her kids fed in a way that pushes healthy food without always nagging.
She posted on Facebook with the idea and it instantly took off leaving parents everywhere wanting (and even planning) to do the same…
How to Organize Kids Snacks in the Fridge
In her post she says:
Sunday self-serve is ready for the week. ?????? After grocery shopping I always wash and prep all of the food that is considered self-serve in our house. Self-serve for my kiddos means help yourself without asking and it’s always an okay snack (any time of day, bedtime snacks, etc.) It also helps me when I’m packing lunches and snacks, or as a side dish when dinner doesn’t include something they will definitely eat or if we have a busy/late night. There’s something about having things truly ready to grab that makes kids eat it. I could leave the baby carrots in a bag or leave the grapes on the stems but they wouldn’t eat it. ??????????
PS- For the fruits and veggies I do put covers on the containers so they don’t get gross.-Sarah Hornung
More Smart Snack Organization Ideas from Parents
It truly is brilliant and is a lot like other snack organization ideas I’ve seen for the pantry from other parents on Pinterest.
Same concept just healthier.
As you can imagine, parents are saying how brilliant this hack is, and even saying they will be doing the same (or already do this).
1. Split Deli Drawer into Pre-packaged Plastic Snack Bags
Other parents chimed in with their versions of this fridge/snack hack:
2. DIY Lunchables for Easy Kid Snacking
3. Simple Snack Organization System
This is so smart no matter how you look at it. You can help your kiddos have quick access to healthy food but also keep any eye on what they are eating.
I love that these fresh fruits and vegetables (along with other healthy options) are within a child’s reach so they can learn how to make healthy choices on their own.
I mean, how many times do you opt for cake or something sweet because it’s too much work to cut up fresh vegetables? I am guilty of that myself.
4. Grab the Right Snack Organizer for Your Fridge
I hadn’t really thought about snack organizer ideas until I started a deeper research on all these ideas and realized there are products out there that can make it easier. This article contains affiliate links.
- Grab these Plastic Storage bins that are Stackable and Clear for Organizing the Fridge Food and Snacks
- This set of 11 clear refrigerator organizer bins are stackable with handles
- These Produce Saver Storage Containers have lids and are great for refrigerator organizer bins for use with snacks
More Snack Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- Don’t fall into a boring snack routine. Check out all the amazing snack ideas we have collected.
- It is easy to get in a snack rut with younger kids, check out 15 quick and easy ideas for toddler snacks.
- So much fun with our movie night snacks <–the whole family will love these snacks!
- We love Harry Potter & Harry Potter snacks!
- For the big game, we suggest making it easy & family-friendly with these Super Bowl snacks.
How do you organize all those kid snacks in the fridge? Do you have snack organizer ideas?