Do you have a tot who is just beginning to explore the world? Here are some great child safety tip ideas on ways to childproof your home – against the toddler who loves to explore EVERYTHING!
These tricks will bring some sanity. Promise.
*Post contains affiliate links*
Genius (and CHEAP) Ways to Childproof Your Home
Child Proofing Your Home
Love this idea. Your kids won’t be able to lock themselves into a room with this DIY door muff. via Make and Takes
If you don’t have fancy locks for a cabinet, have no fear. Go dig around in the cookie cutters, we bet one will fit. via Pinterest
Make your bath tub more safe with the help of a laundry basket. Place the basket in the tub and the child in the basket. Less slipping, less falling, and it makes toy clean-up a breeze!
As your tot is beginning to walk, we bet their little toes will have problems slipping on the floors. Decorate your socks with fabric paint to help them grip the floor. via I Am Momma – Hear Me Roar
Child Safety Tip
Now this idea is GENIUS! Use innertubes around your bookshelves to help “fence” the books in place. No more books tossed all about the room by your kiddo. via Instructables
Fireplaces can be irresistible. Board it up to protect inquisitive tots. Childproof Tip: Use a magnetic board. Fun! via Oh Apostrophe
If you have a child who tends to run off, this child safety product will give you peace of mind. It sets off an alarm if your child leaves the area. via Amazon
Don’t worry if your baby drops their pacifier. You can have clean ones ready and waiting in restaurant condiment-to-go containers. via One Crazy House
Have a Houdini who loves to escape the crib? In this kid hack, adapt their pajamas to make your child a touch less agile. They will sleep in their cribs tonight. via Giddy Upcycled
Don’t let your kids drop stuff down the air vents. Cover them with tool. It won’t stop the air, but will stop the little bits from being dropped. via Baby Toolkit
How to Child Proof
Sanitize your kids toys on a regular basis. Most plastic (non-battery) toys can be washed in the dishwasher on the top shelf safely. via One Crazy House
Easy kid tip! Use command clips and a bracelet to stop your child from opening the fridge and helping themselves to the condiments. via Pinterest
So easy! You will never go to the bathroom without a hair tie again (or at least not for a few months). In this child proofing house tip, use a tie to secure the toilet paper from tiny fingers. via CK and Nate
Want to save your furniture from sippy cups of grape juice, smears of peanut butter, and all the other gunk that comes with kiddos? Consider child proofing your upholstery with plastic. When your kids are older you can just rip it off. via All Things Thrifty
Balcony railings are dangerous both for the falling risk, but also because chubby legs tend to get caught in the rails. Protect your child with a railing guard. This DIY project is easy and worth the peace of mind. via The Mom Bot
Limit the risk of choking. Use the cutting hack up above to half meatballs, grapes, cherry tomatoes, strawberries and more! Fastest way to chop your kiddos food up!
DIY Child Proofing
No more pinched fingers! Make a door guard to protect little fingers from being smashed. All you need is a pool noodle! via Red Delicious Life
For the kids who can get into and out of just about any door, you need this baby proofing tip. I don’t think they have tried this one!! Cut a hole into a tupperware lid, and fashion a door handle cover. To leave they need to unscrew it. via Pinterest
Best Child Safety Products
If your daughter has longer hair and a fascination with the tub drain you will appreciate a bath “gate”. The gate protects your child from getting hair stuck in the drain or falling and bonking their head on the faucet. via Toys R Us
These childproof stove knobs are just genius! They are great with tots, but also terrific with older kids who think they may be ready to cook, but you want to make sure to do the heat portion yourself. Get these. via Amazon
Child safety product. Corners are no match to your child with the help of corner protectors. via Amazon
Installing a window guard is a great idea especially if your kids have beds near the window, the extra layer of protection is terrific! via Amazon
More Helpful Hacks
- These shoe hacks are brilliant and will keep your favorite shoes alive longer!
- Don’t get rid of old legos. Upcycle them with these lego building ideas.
- Crafting doesn’t have to be a difficult mess with these craft hacks.
- New parent? Try these baby life hacks!
- Are you a teacher? We have awesome classroom organization hacks that will help make this school year a breeze.
- Very few people enjoy cleaning. But these kitchen cleaning hacks make it not only easier, but bearable.
- Make your next nerf gun war epic with these nerf gun hacks!
- Moving stresses everyone out! But make it a little easier with these moving hacks.
- Paint your nails like a pro using these nail polish hacks!
- This ninja veggie hack will get your child willingly eat vegetables.
- These deep cleaning hacks are a lifesaver when you’re spring cleaning.
- Don’t spend big bucks on Barbie accessories when you can diy Barbie accessories at home. It’s easy!
- Keep your child’s sports gear organized with these baseball mom bags.
- Make your kitchen safe and avoid accidents and injuries with these kitchen safety activities.
- JKJ electric has some helpful advice to keep your home safe.
- Like these hacks? Then you’ll love these new life hacks we have come up with.
Leave a comment: What childproofing hack would you recommend?