Make this salt dough pumpkin handprint keepsake with your little ones this fall and it will soon become a treasure you will enjoy decorating with for years to come!
Some of my favorite holiday decorations are handprint crafts, so this year I decided to add a handprint pumpkin craft to our home this fall. And it is now one of my favorites!
Salt Dough Handprint Pumpkin Keepsake
Here’s what you need to make this salt dough handprint pumpkin keepsake:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and water. It will come together to form a dough — remove it from the bowl and knead it until it is smooth.
Roll the dough out with a rolling pin, then press your child’s hand onto the dough to form the handprint.
Use a bowl or circle cookie cutter to cut around the handprint to form the body of the pumpkin. Shape the stem and a vine from the remaining salt dough.
Set is a dry area and allow to air dry for 48-72 hours.
Once the dough is dry, it’s time to paint your pumpkin! We added some white paint into the orange paint and colored in the handprint so that it would be lighter than the rest of the pumpkin.
I love how it turned out!
More Fall Crafts:
- You’ll love these fall crafts for toddlers. They’re easy, fun, and super cute.
- We have the ultimate list of beautiful fall crafts!
- Spend time with your kids by making these pretty fall crafts.
- Have a ton of old paperback books? Don’t throw them out! Instead make this book pumpkin craft.
- Keep busy this season with fall crafts for kids.
- The leaves are changing colors from green to wonderfully vibrant colors making them perfect for this leaf craft.
- Nature crafts are a great way to utilize what Mother Mature gives us to great art.
- These fall popsicle stick crafts may be simple, but they are awesome.
- Make all of these fall apple crafts!
- You can create the prettiest leaf crafts for kids using nature and they are amazing.
- Summer is over! It is time to breakout the fall crafts.
- We have plenty of fall coloring pages, but take it a step further and make this coloring page a masterpiece.
- Try out these delicious smelling fall playdough recipes.
- You can make your house smell like fall now!
- Not everywhere gets to see the beautiful color changes of leaves in the fall. But you can make your own with these tissue paper leaves.
- Looking for some holiday activities? Check out these spooky coloring sheets.