When you buy a dozen eggs at the store…
…the last thing you ever expect is one of them to hatch!
In fact, that is kinda nightmare of mine.
That is exactly what happened in this story…well there was a man, a dozen quail eggs and his plan…
He had a plan. This wasn’t some random occurrance.
That makes me feel a little better!
A man who incubated a box of twelve supermarket quail eggs in the hope one would hatch was stunned to discover one did.
Adorable Albert the quail was bought at a supermarket in Haarlem, The Netherlands, by Alwyn Wils, 45.
After bringing it home, Alwyn placed all the eggs in an incubator and began filming their progress, hoping one was fertilized and would hatch.
And to his amazement, less than a month later, one of the eggs hatched.
Take a look!
Supermarket Egg Hatches Video
Truth is, Albert isn’t even the first quail to be hatched from a supermarket egg.
Who knows why these eggs are being sold already fertilized, but thankfully Albert was given a chance to live, and boy his he a cutie!
Want to see more great videos?
More Egg Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Mail Easter eggs…yes, you can actually do that and it is fun!
- Make an egg carton wreath! It is adorable.
- All sorts of good info about kids & dying Easter eggs.
- Make green eggs & ham slime…it is awesome!
- OK, the debate is raging whether Reese’s eggs better than cups…we have an opinion!
- Make a squeeze egg – super fun egg science.
- Easter egg coloring pages for kids – free to download & print.
- A different kinda Easter egg in Fisher Price controller!
- Have you ever wondered what to do with leftover egg dye?
- Let’s make egg buddies!
- And what about those sneaky veggies?