We love making art out of all sorts of stuff & this is something super cool that I haven’t seen before…
This dizzying video and accompanying images use oil, soap and paint.
It creates movements that feel otherworldly, psychedelically bursting from their surroundings.
Shot in extremely high resolution and at close range, the vibrant colors glide across the screen in director Thomas Blanchard’s “Galaxy Gates” creation.
What’s even more stunning is the fact that the final work only used around two percent of the footage Thomas and his photographer partner, Oilhack, were able to capture over the space of four months.
When working on the project, the duo mixed the chemicals in different variations.
When a vibrant reaction was then triggered, they would start the camera rolling.
There was a lot of trial and error in such a process, Thomas, 31, said, as there are infinite possibilities for how much oil, paint and soap to mix.
Take a look!
Art Video You Don’t Want to Miss
What an incredibly unique form of art, and definitely something I’d like to try myself at some point!
Want to see more great videos?
More Art from Kids Activities Blog
- This simple science experiment for kids uses household ingredients – baking soda and vinegar experiment to make fizzy drops – it is our art meets science experiment you will love!
- And if you want to make something similar to the video, our milk and food coloring experiment will get you pretty close without fancy equipment!
- If you want your art easy, pre-made and printable, check out over 500 free coloring pages from Kids Activities Blog.
- Be inspired with our collection of cool drawings that include printables and tutorials so you can follow along.
- Check out our simple skull drawing tutorial which is super fun.
- And check out these fun and easy rock painting ideas for an easy art project you can do right now.