Fidget spinners are all the rage right now, but you don’t have to buy one! We are going to show you how to make a fidget spinner with just a few supplies.
The best thing about this project is that your kids can customize it to make cool fidget spinners that no one else has!
How to Make a Fidget Spinner
Here’s what you need to make a fidget spinner:
- Skate bearing
- 1-inch by 2.6-inch craft sticks
- Duct tape (optional)
- M10 flat washers
- E6000 clear glue
Cut two of the craft sticks in half — you’ll need three of the halved sticks.
Now it’s time to decorate the sticks. This is where your kids can get really creative to make the fidget spinners their own. They can paint the sticks, color on them, or cover them in duct tape like we did.
Tear off some duct tape and place the craft sticks onto the sticky side. Place another piece of duct tape over the other side of the craft sticks to cover them. Press around the edges to seal them in, then cut around them to release them from the duct tape.
Glue the craft sticks together to form a triangle. Place the skate bearing in the center and tighten the triangle until the bearing is held in place. Secure each joint with a clothespin while the glue hardens.
Turn your fidget spinner over and apply glue where the skate bearing meets each craft stick. Allow to harden.
Now, your fidget spinner will spin, but to make it go faster and longer, we’ll need to add some weight.
Glue washers onto each of the corners of the triangle. Allow glue to harden, and your fidget spinner is ready!
You might also want to check out these Fidget Spinner Multiplication and Addition games to make math practice fun! Need help getting kids to do their chores? Try the Fidget Spinner Chore Chart! And, if your kiddo needs to get moving, the Fidget Spinner Exercises Challenge is just the thing to motivate him!
Want More DIY Toy Ideas? Check Out These Posts:
- Want to try to make another diy fidget toy? We’ve got plenty of ideas and tutorials!
- Let us teach you how to make toys at home!
- Your child will love these toy crafts.
- These diy toys are the best!
- Need toys for your little one? Check out these diy baby toys.
- These play dough toys are fun for everyone!
- Need a break from making toys? Check out these cool drawings to color.
- Make bath time a splash with these homemade bath toys.
- Jelly toys are easy to make with this jelly toy kit!
- This blob water toy is great for the summer time.
- You don’t have to get rid of old toys. Check out these upcycled toys.
- Toys can be made from even the simplest household items. Check out these rubber band toys and see.
- Don’t throw out that old frisbee. There is so many things you can do with recycled frisbees.
- Help your kids keep track of their money with these piggy banks ideas.
- Your baby will love this diy soft baby toy.
- Are you a Jedi or Sith? You can be either with this diy pool noodle lightsaber.
- Looking for more diy toys and easy crafts? Look no further!