I love making this unwinding pillow spray to help me relax at night with homemade pillow mist. My kids really love it, too! It’s incredibly easy to make and the blend of lavender oil we chose is really soothing.
Homemade Lavender Sleep Spray
Our deep sleep pillow spray is easy to make and the perfect addition to your nighttime routine. While you can use this as a room spray, I love the restful sleep I get when it is sprayed on the bed linens including my pillow case.
This would be a really great gift to make for friends and family and there is a printable calming spray label at the bottom of this article.
This post contains affiliate links!
Essential Oil Pillow Spray
Essential oils have so many great purposes! Each scent is used for various things whether it is for cleaning or benefiting the body. This particular pillow spray uses lavender oil.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is one of the most common plants used in aromatherapy. The fragrance from its oils helps promote calmness and general wellness by reducing anxiety and stress. Lavender’s calming properties are legendary for creating a relaxing environment. It is a soothing scent after a long day and a natural sleep aid that can inspire peaceful slumber.
Which is why it makes the perfect pillow spray!
DIY Unwinding Pillow Spray
This diy pillow mist is so easy to make and it is quick to make too!
Supplies Needed To Make Lavender Pillow Spray
How To Make Lavender Pillow Spray
Mix the witch hazel and essential oils together first.
Then, add your water.
Use a funnel or just pour directly from a measuring cup with a spout into the bottle. It’s that simple!
The Lavender oil is known for its relaxing effects. You can use this oil in a diffuser, a bath, massage into your scalp or with several of our essential oils DIY’s. This is one of our most loved oils!
Free Printable For Your Essential Oil Pillow Mist
Make sure you also grab this free printable as well. This way you can label your bottle for ease or as a label when you make this as a gift for a loved one or friend.
Trust me, they’ll love it as much as we do!
- 1/2 oz of witch hazel
- 2 oz of water
- 15 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Small glass spray bottle
- Mix the witch hazel and essential oils together first.
- Then, add your water.
- Use a funnel or just pour directly from a measuring cup with a spout into the bottle.
Looking For More Destressing Tips?
- This goes really great with our bath melts!
- Adults are not the only ones who face stress in life. Children also have their own stress they deal with and many of us forget. Let us share of our favorite destress activities that you can do with your children.
- Want to know how to be a better mom? Learn how to take care of yourself first!
- The regular flu season is rough, it is especially more rough and dangerous thanks to the Coronavirus. Here is how to prepare yourself for both if you are chronically ill. These tips will help you breath just a little easier.
- Looking for more parenting tips to make your life easier? We have over 1600+ parenting posts that include: advice, stories, parenting techniques and tips, and things that will make you smile.
Have you ever used a pillow spray before?