Today’s we have a collection of DIY Bouncy Balls, because there is something about those bouncy balls that every child loves. It may seem weird to make a toy that costs just a few pennies, but once you have made this craft – homemade super balls – you will totally understand!
This post includes affiliate links.
Homemade Super Balls
There is so many options to play with these homemade bouncy balls that your kids will be occupied for hours. They make a great craft for a birthday party. They make a great gift as a completed ball or as a craft kit for the recipients to assemble themselves.
Why homemade bouncy balls?
Exactly! Why? You can buy perfectly formed bouncy balls inexpensively! So why go to the trouble? We have the answers…
- You can control and be fully be in charge of the ingredients you put it in.
- It’s a great science project as well as a super cool DIY project for older kids.
- You can easily customize your bouncy balls (color, size, shape and even consistency).
- You can make personalized bouncy balls as birthday treats.
How to Make a Bouncy Ball
When I was searching for DIY bouncy balls I didn’t expect to find so many different variations of it. Here are the ones I really liked, and that I put it on my to-do list with my kids.
Experiment with this homemade bouncy ball. at Kids Activities Blog
Super colorful and pretty bouncy balls. Best bouncing performance guaranteed. via The 36th Avenue
Can it get any cooler? Glowing bouncy balls. via Growing a Jeweled Rose
Check out this video tutorial on making a bouncy ball from Happy Toys:
Who said bouncy balls can’t be made from hair looms? As long as it bounces, right? And this DIY bouncy ball does bounce. via 733 Blog
Want a 100% fail proof bouncy ball that your kids can make at home? Try making these bouncy balls! via Mama Smiles
Using Bouncy Balls in Art & Science
Bouncy balls can also roll. Check out this Homemade Marbled Bouncy Balls & DIY Ramp. via I can teach my child
How about a bouncy ball machine to play with all those bouncy balls you made. Invent a Bouncy Ball Machine. via Inspirational Laboratories
A perfect sensory play with bouncy balls for a baby. via House of Burke
Make a super bouncy ball that really bounces high. It’s a jumbo one. via Totally the Bomb
This bouncy ball is not your typical one. However it’s a great way to teach your kids some chemistry and get excited about brushing their teeth more often. via How wee Learn
Have a ball art with Thomas and Friends. via Crayon Box Chronicles
Homemade Bouncy Balls Tips
- Most of the homemade bouncy balls are made with BORAX, which is not edible and is toxic, so watch the little ones carefully when they making or playing with the balls.
- These balls are homemade so they won’t be bouncing everywhere at the same height. Kids will have to experiment and find the best bouncing spots for their DIY balls. I promise, this part is fun.
- After done playing, make sure to store these bouncy balls in the Ziploc bags and put it in the fridge. Keep it there until the kids are ready to play again.
More Fun DIY Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Now you can make your own diy fidgets
- Get crafty with our guide on DIY toys – how to make toys at home.
- You’re child will love these toy crafts.
- Need even more toys? Good, because we have more easy kids toys to make ideas!
- You can even make baby sensory toys for your little ones.
- We love play dough here at Kids Activities Blog. What better way to enjoy it then making playdoh toys!
- Bath time will be a splash with these cool bath toys you can make yourself at home!
- Check out over 1200 crafts for kids we have here at Kids Activities Blog!
Did your kids enjoy these fun craft & play ideas? Let us know in the comments down below, we’d love to hear!