These baking hacks make time in the kitchen so much easier. And you don’t have to be a great cook (or baker!) to use these simple techniques and genius tips to elevate your kitchen skills.
I love how simple these ideas are, yet they make a huge difference. There are so many times I forgot to soften the butter or bring the eggs to room temperature, but now I’ve got a hack for every situation!
Epic Baking Hacks to Make Baking Easier
Box Cake Baking Hacks
Check out all these awesome hacks. We also have a huge resource on a lot of different ways to make a box cake better.
Tip for Kitchen Tongs
Use a simple pair of tongs to make the most gorgeous pie crust designs. via House Beautiful
Get Eggs to Room Temp Fast
Ever needed room temperature eggs, but they are all snug in the fridge in their carton? Get your eggs up to room temperature by submerging them in warm water for 3 minutes. via The Krazy Coupon Lady
DIY Cake Saver
This has totally happened to me. I have a pie or cake I want to cover, but I can’t find my cake saver container (of maybe I am using it for something else at the moment). Don’t want to cover your cake in plastic wrap but need it covered in a pinch? Use spaghetti noodles to hold it up! via Real Simple
Easy Homemade Fondant Solution
Make a simple DIY fondant with marshmallows and Jell-o! I didn’t even know you could make homemade fondant… via Instructables
Hair Dryer in the Kitchen?
Want your ganache to look shiny smooth? Use a hair dryer. via This Week for Dinner
How to Ripen Bananas in Minutes
If you are craving banana bread but don’t have ripe bananas, just bake them in the oven first.
Cake Pan Hack
Make sure your cake comes out of the pan in tact every single time with this pan release.
DIY Cake Pop Holder
Where do you put your cake pops while they dry and harden? In a colander! via Iowa Girl Eats
How to Make a Flat Cake
Do you want your cake to be flat with no mound in the middle? Here’s how. via Indulgy
Food Coloring Hack Guide
Get the perfect icing color with this food coloring guide. via The Cookie Countess
What Can I Substitute for this Ingredient?
Here’s a huge list of baking substitutes. Keep this list around in case you ever run out of something! via Huffington Post
Splatter-Free Mixing Hack
Don’t let the cake batter splatter all over you when you’re mixing – just use a paper plate! via Self
DIY Cake Decorating Tips
Make really fun icing designs on a cake using just spoons and forks. via Todays Parent
Let’s Make a Rainbow Cake
Here is a simple way to layer cupcake colors so you can make ombre or rainbow cupcakes. via Just A Taste
Fill Muffin Tins Mess-Free
How to Retrieve an Egg Shell Piece
If you’ve got an egg shell stuck floating around in your bowl but can’t get it out, wet your finger first, it will come right out! via Self
More Hacks & Smart Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- We have a massive resource here at Kids Activities Blog of life hacks — because life is complicated enough!
- A good Netflix hack is completely necessary if you have cut the cord.
- Car hacks can make driving and maintaining much simpler!
- I hate to move, but these moving hacks make it almost fun.
- If you are a teacher or setting up a home learning spot for your kids check out these organization hacks with school & books in mind.
- If you have Barbies at home, you know why these Barbie hacks are so genius.
- Need dessert for one? No problem! We have plenty of simple mug desserts. <–this feels like the ultimate solo baking hack!
- Make cake pops simpler with these donut pops! Oh, and remember that tip above about using a colander to let the frosting settle? You can use that now!
- Cake is no longer just for dessert! Try out this breakfast cake!
- Who doesn’t love rainbow cupcakes?
- These cake crafts are both fun and delicious. It is part delicious food & part crafty project. No party will be the same…
- Just enjoyed an orange for a snack? Be sure to save the orange peel for baking cakes! Hey, that was a bonus baking hack! Look how generous we are feeling right now…hahaha!
What baking hack is your favorite? I am really partial to the “getting the egg shell out of the cracked egg” hack because I use it a LOT!