Today, let’s make donut pops! If you have never had a donut pop you’re missing out. Kids will love these, friends, families, everyone will love eating these donut pops. They’re fluffy, sweet, tasty, covered in icing and sprinkles. These donut pops are great for get togethers, birthdays, or just because!
Easy Cake Pop Doughnut Holes
We have the easiest cake pop idea…make cake pop doughnut holes! It is a fast and simple DIY Donut Hole Cake Pops treat! If you have ever made cake pops from scratch, I’m certain you will understand when I say it’s not as easy as it looks.
Using doughnut holes is the ultimate shortcut on how you and your kids can make cake pops quickly. Start with store bought doughnut holes and with a few simple steps you will be making one of the easiest, quickest and yummiest treats. Normally when you make cake pops, you have to bake a cake, then crumble it up, then mix in icing. The process is fun for kids, but time consuming for busy parents. That is why this cake pop hack is so good. Make Cake Pops in literally seconds using donut holes! Brilliant, right?!
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Decorate Your Own Donut Craft
Watch How to Make Cake Pops [Short Video]
How to Make Quick Cake Pops from Doughnut Holes
To get started, you will need to gather a few things…
Ingredients Needed to Make Donut Cake Pops
Directions to Make Donut Hole Cake Pops
Let’s start with a quick video tutorial that we put together to make it really easy to see how really easy this cake pop process is! The step by step instructions for making doughnut hole cake pops is below…
Pop a doughnut hole onto a Cake Pop stick. It helps to use a little icing on the stick before you insert it into your doughnut hole. To do this, simply dab the stick in a little bit of icing then press it into the doughnut hole.
Spread icing on the doughnut hole! It looks nice (and the current trend on food blogs today would agree) if you leave a little of the cake showing. This new “unfrosted” look is kind of the thing now! Lucky for us busy parents!
Pour some sprinkles in a little bowl and then dip the Cake Pop icing into the sprinkles, pressing firmly so they stick!
Donut Pop Recipes Notes:
- Make sure your icing is room temperature or else it’ll be harder to dip.
- You can use melted chocolate like white chocolate or milk chocolate or candy melts to make a chocolate coating, but the texture is going to be less soft. It’ll be more like traditional cake pops, but a spongy middle.
- You can use long, short, or colorful lollipop sticks. Just depends on if you’re making these just because or like party favors/snacks for a baby shower or birthday.
- You plain donut holes. Plain mini donuts will be less sweet than glazed store-bought donut holes. Plus, the icing is more likely to stick to plain donuts. You can even make homemade cake pops with homemade donut holes if you wanted, but we tend to like easy donut cake pops. Less work is best!
- Add color to your icing to make fun holiday donut pops like Halloween cake pops.
- Use chocolate icing for a tasty chocolate favor.
Finished Cake Pop Treat
You are now all set! See how easy that was? This is the perfect sweet treat! These doughnut hole pops are so yummy. This delicious treat is going to be loved by everyone. How could anyone not like these donut hole pops?
These would be so easy to make for a party or fun for a little after school treat!
More Pop & Cake Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- 3 2 1 Birthday Cake
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- Lemonade Cake
- Polka Dot Egg Cake Balls
- Cake Mix Hacks
- Banana pop treats
- Over 50 ways to make homemade popsicles
- Make DIY yogurt pops!
- Super easy Oreo popsicle recipe!
- Make these cool angel pretzel pops.
- Make apple and nutella pops
Was that the easiest cake donut pop ever??