These genius Barbie hacks will make more out of your Barbie doll play at home, save money and get creative with the world of Barbie. If you have a kid like mine who loves all things Barbie, these ideas are going to blow your mind. I had no idea you could give her so many different hair styles.
Barbie Ideas for Kids of All ages
Barbie dolls are synonymous with childhood and many of us had a stack of Barbies in our closet or dresser drawer. As that stack got more and more played with…well, Barbie became a bit of a mess! Here are some ideas to fix Barbie up and have some more fun while playing.
Related: Portable Binder Doll House
I can’t wait to get started on all of these Barbie hacks!
This article contains affiliate links.
Favorite Barbie Hacks & DIY Ideas
1. Make Barbie Her Own Closet
Use cardboard and craft sticks to make this amazing Barbie closet! via Hey, It’s Muff
2. How to Store All Those Barbie Doll Accessories
Store all of Barbie’s tiny accessories like her shoes and purses in a craft organizer. via Suburble
3. How to Fix Tangled Barbie Hair
Is Barbie’s hair a tangled mess? Here is how to fix it! via Housing A Forest
4. How to Dye Barbie’s Hair
Or give her a new shade! You can easily dye Barbies hair with food coloring. via How to Adult
5. Give Barbie a Dream Closet
The Barbie Store It All has a place for everything! This little container is amazing.
6. How to Curl Barbie Hair
Give Barbie curls! If you have a straight haired Barbie and want to give her curls, here is how. via How to Adult
7. Build Barbie a Boat
Use a couple empty plastic bottles to build your Barbie a boat, perfect for bath time! via Dishfunctional Designs
8. Feed Barbie DIY Doll Food
This is so cool! Make pretend doll food from coupons and other magazine ads! via Shades of Tangerine
9. Make Barbie & Ken Some Lawn Chairs
Or make her and Ken a couple of lawn chairs! via Fynes Designs
10. Hang up Barbie’s Clothes
Make a place for all her outfits with this wooden clothing rack. via Lil Blue Boo
11. Make Barbie Hangers…They are Tiny!
Use paper clips to make tiny Barbie hangers for her clothes. via Agus Yornet
12. Make Barbie a Tote Bag
Make her a tote bag from an empty mini shampoo bottle and duct tape! via Be A Fun Mum
13. Build Barbie a DIY Barbie Bed
Turn a small plastic storage tote into a Barbie bed that is adorable and functional. via Beneath the Rowan Tree
14. Make Barbie Luggage
Make Barbie some luggage using a soap holder! Love this fun idea. via Kids Kubby
15. Make Barbie the Ultimate Barbie Dream House
Have the coolest and most modern dollhouse around! This upcycled Barbie house is incredible. via Funky Junk Interiors
More Fun Barbie Accessories
- This Barbie Dream House is the perfect place for your child to house and play with all their favorite Barbies!
- Or if your Barbie wants to take a nap, set out this Barbie Hammock for her.
- This Barbie Art Studio Playset is a great setup to have if your child is interested in painting!
- Store all of Barbie’s clothes in this Barbie Fashionistas Ultimate Closet, and don’t forget to get Barbie a new car!
Leave a comment: Which DIY Barbie hack do you and your child want to try first?
More Doll Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- This fantasy themed barbie hair is vibrant and beautiful!
- Mattel recently released a Day of the Dead Barbie and she is stunning!
- No longer is Barbie absolutely perfect. A new natural barbie was released recently with more realistic hair.
- Let your Barbie be part of the “new norm” with these crocheted Barbie face masks.
- These new star wars barbie dolls are amazing and I want them all!
- Enjoy some creative time with these free barbie printables.
- A Rosa Park barbie doll was recently released as part of Barbie’s iconic women series.
- This Barbie doll helps kids feel more secure in their own skin. A new Barbie with a skin condition called vitiligo was recently released.
- Ever wanted to stay in Barbie’s Malibu dreamhouse? Now you can!
- Recently released what wheelchair Barbie which allows more kids to feel included now!
- This adorable child tries to convince dad of this barbie accident and dad isn’t buying it.
- Have a Barbie breakfast with these deliciously pink barbie pancakes.
- These inclusive dolls make everyone feel more secure and included while playing.
- These natural looking dolls are true natural beauties!
- Check out this awesome Halloween dollhouse furniture! It’s so cute!
What was your favorite Barbie hack?