There is something so comforting about coffee cake in the morning! I can’t think of a better way to usher in a new day, than with these 5 Breakfast Cake Recipes to Brighten your Mornings.
5 Breakfast Cake Recipes to Brighten Your Mornings
This post contains affiliate links.
Classic Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- A stick of Unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 1 3/4 cups Cake Flour
There is nothing better than Burnt Macaroni‘s Classic Coffee Cake in the morning, especially with your cup of coffee! This recipe is super easy and wonderfully delicious.
Cinnamon Roll Bread
For the bread:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
For the swirl topping:
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and sour cream. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the swirl topping ingredients. Using a spoon, add the swirl topping to the bread, and spread it on the bread.
- Bake for 45-50, minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Then, remove from pan and let cool on wire rack until completely cool.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle on the cool bread.
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Flour (set aside ¼ cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar, for sprinkling
This delicious Blueberry Breakfast Cake from Alexandra’s Kitchen is amazing!
Savory Corn Muffins
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Sour Cream
Whip up a delicious batch of Cook’s Illustrated‘s Savory Corn Muffins, to go with all of your fall and winter chili, stew, and soups!
Coffee Cake in a Mug
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 drops Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Heather Likes Food‘s recipe for Coffee Cake in a Cup is so easy to make and super yummy!
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Nothing beats trying new kitchen toys! Here are some of our favorites!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Breakfast Recipes the Whole Family Will Love!
- 5 Hot Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Day
- One-Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Eggs
- Waffle Ice Cream Surprise
- Breakfast Almond Butter Waffles
- 5 Breakfasts That Will Make You Love Mornings
- 25 Hot Breakfast Ideas
- Hot Breakfast Dishes for Sunday Morning
- Wonderful Waffles for Weekend Brunch
What is your favorite breakfast cake? Comment below!