There is something so comforting about coffee cake in the morning! I can’t think of a better way to usher in a new day, than with these 5 Breakfast Cake Recipes to Brighten your Mornings.
Amazing cake breakfast recipes
It’s refreshing to start the day with a really good breakfast. A coffee or warm chocolate or milk with a slice of a breakfast cake is a really good combination! So here’s the list that you might need to get your breakfast going!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Classic Coffee Cake Recipe
They say nothing beats the classic, so here’s a super yummy classic in the morning! Coffee cake, here we go!
Ingredients Needed To Make Classic Coffee Cake:
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- A stick of Unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 1 3/4 cups Cake Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Cake Flour
- An Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- An Egg Yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar, for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened and cut into 6 slices
- A teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
There is nothing better than Burnt Macaroni‘s Classic Coffee Cake in the morning, especially with your cup of coffee! This recipe is super easy and wonderfully delicious.
2. Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe
Yes, I love cinnamon rolls! This recipe just turns our favorite cinnamon rolls into a bread loaf, and it’s amazing!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cinnamon Roll Bread:
For the bread:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
For the swirl topping:
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Milk
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and sour cream. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the swirl topping ingredients. Using a spoon, add the swirl topping to the bread, and spread it on the bread.
- Bake for 45-50, minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Then, remove from pan and let cool on wire rack until completely cool.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle on the cool bread.
3. Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
It’s always a delight to have fruits in the morning, especially when you put them on a cake. Have a sweet morning with buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake!
Ingredients Needed To Make Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake:
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Flour (set aside ¼ cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar, for sprinkling
This delicious Blueberry Breakfast Cake from Alexandra’s Kitchen is amazing!
4. Savory Corn Muffins
Kids love muffins. Infuse them with corn and they’ll wake up in a sweet-smelling kitchen with some tasty corn muffins!
Ingredients Needed To Make Savory Corn Muffins:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Sour Cream
Whip up a delicious batch of Cook’s Illustrated‘s Savory Corn Muffins, to go with all of your fall and winter chili, stew, and soups!
5. Yummy Coffee Cake in a Mug
Having coffee in the morning is so good, paired with your favorite cake. What if you combine them? Have a delightful morning with this yummy coffee mug cake!
Ingredients Needed To Make Yummy Coffee Cake In A Mug:
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 drops Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Heather Likes Food‘s recipe for Coffee Cake in a Cup is so easy to make and super yummy!
Breakfast Recipes the Whole Family Will Love!
- 5 Hot Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Day
- One-Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Eggs
- Breakfast Almond Butter Waffles
- 5 Breakfasts That Will Make You Love Mornings
- 25 Hot Breakfast Ideas
- Hot Breakfast Dishes for Sunday Morning
- Wonderful Waffles for Weekend Brunch
What is your favorite breakfast cake? Comment below!